Non O Child Dependent Extension

I am currently on a non 0 visa which was granted on the basis of me supporting my children. My one year non O is due to expire at the beginning of August. I currently have a work permit as I teach at a language school. I would like to ask for some advice and would be very grateful if anybody could point me in the right direction in terms of extending this visa. I would like to extend my visa using the proof of 40,000-baht salary per month as opposed to the 400,000 baht in the bank option. I have the following questions.

1)     Can I apply now or should I wait until next month or August?

2)     How much does it cost to extend this visa for another year?

3)     I have an official tax slip along with a tax form which shows that I earn 40,000 baht per month (I do earn more than this but it is not reported due to tax reasons- not my doing or choice)- Do I need to show pay slips? (We don’t actually receive pay slips- money is deposited into the bank and we get given a photocopy of our time sheets)

4)     I have a copy of my contract but it does not state my salary- should I get my school to redo it showing my salary as being 40,000 baht per month? (They seem a little reluctant to do this)

5)     I am right in thinking I need the following documents;

·        Photographs of me and my family in, around and outside of our house

·        Original and photocopies of my wife’s ID card-

·        Children’s birth certificates in both Thai and English

·        Map to our house.

·        Marriage certificate original/photocopies and translated

6)     Is there anything I am missing from the list of required documents?

My apologies if these questions have been asked and answered a dozen times before but I just want to make sure I have everything in order. Thanks in advance for any and all assistance, it is most appreciated.

If you are legally married you would apply for a one year extension of stay based upon marriage not for being the parent of a Thai.

1. If you now have a multiple entry non-o visa you can apply for a one year extension of stay (it is not a visa) during the last 30 days of any of the 90 entries from it. 

2. The fee for a extension of stay is 1900 baht.

3. You need tax receipts for the last 3 months and your tax return for last year if you were working then. No payslips or bank deposit proof is needed.

4. You contract should not be needed but it can depend upon the immigration office where you apply for the extension. Same for you schools registration and etc.

5. One of the photos must you show a your family with the house showing in it.

Copy of you wife's house book registry along with her ID card.

If your marriage certificate and the children's birth certificates are in Thai they do not need to be translated.

You will need a updated copy of the Kor Ror 2 marriage registry that can be obtained at a Amphoe ( I assume you were married here).

6. I have mentioned most missing documents.

You will also need your work permit plus a copy.

Thank you very much for your help and assistance. Much appreciated.  Still a little confused as I am just coming up to the end of my first year extension which for some reason was granted for dependent children instead of a marriage visa (I am legally married).

I do have tax receipts and a p91 (I think that's the correct term- but this form has me down as being single which again is a mistake by my language school) but they were given to me in January so I do not have the last three months. These tax receipts show that I earn the required 40,000 baht per month. As stated my extension expires in early August does that mean I have to wait until then to apply for another one year extension? Also when I originally got this Non O from the UK it was based on marriage and was extended by one month and then I was granted the full one year but it was based on having children. Very confuse by it all! Thanks again and apologies for rambling on but I am pretty confused!

You wrote you had a one year non-o visa so I assumed you had one from a embassy or consulate not a extension of stay issued by immigration.

Not sure why they marked your extension was marked as being a parent of a Thai. It is not for you having dependent children.

You will need proof of your most recent tax payments to prove you are still paying the tax.

You cannot apply for the new extension until the last 30 days of your current extension.

You will get another under consideration stamp with a report back date 30 days later that allows you to stay until your application is approved by the immigration division headquarters for the region where you are living.