Thailand welcomes success of Trump-Kim summit

webfact

Thailand welcomes success of Trump-Kim summit

BANGKOK, 13 June 2018 (NNT) – The Thai government has praised the successful summit between the leaders of the United States and North Korea, saying the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula will benefit both Asia and the world. 

Following a historic meeting between US President Donald Trump and North Korean leader Kim Jong Un in Singapore, Thai Prime Minister Gen Prayut Chan-o-cha pointed out that the joint statement signed by both leaders on complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula is a positive sign for the global community. 

Meanwhile, Thailand’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Don Pramudwinai viewed the agreement between the two leaders as a good omen for both Asia and the rest of the world as it will help relieve geopolitical tensions, at the very least.

nnt_logo.jpg
-- nnt 2018-06-13

4 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What success?

Trump got to strut his stuff on the international stage and Kim got a few more worry free years in power. 

And if the US can be persuaded to leave, then it makes overunning the south from a standing start a more likely bet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

What success?

They had a meeting and agreed to

1. The United States and the DPRK commit to establish new US-DPRK relations in accordance with the desire of the peoples of the two countries for peace and prosperity.
  2. The United States and DPRK will join their efforts to build a lasting and stable peace regime on the Korean Peninsula.
  3. Reaffirming the April 27, 2018 Panmunjom Declaration, the DPRK commits to work toward complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula
  4. The United States and the DPRK commit to recovering POW/MIA remains, including the immediate repatriation of those already identified.

Before the meeting Kim was launching missiles and having atomic tests.  He is not doing this now.  Most reasonable people without a political axe to grind would consider this a success.  Media not so much as they are still trying for an American Coup to unseat a President without an election. 

You see they can't convince the American people that the global liberal agenda is correct so their only hope is a coup.

I hope I answered your question.  Feel free to ask whatever. 

• Haha 1

Thailand welcomes Kim-Trump summit outcome

By The Nation

8e38f4ca71b92424a9bc7f6fa0034167.jpeg

North Korea's leader Kim Jong Un (L) shakes hands with US President Donald Trump (R) during the US-North Korea summit, at the Capella Hotel on Sentosa island in Singapore. / AFP PHOTO / KCNA VIA KNS

Thailand’s Foreign Ministry has welcomed Tuesday’s historic meeting between the US President Donald Trump and North Korea Supreme Leader Kim Jong-un as landmark towards the denuclearisation of the Korean Peninsula.

“This epoch-making summit reflects the strong commitment of the two leaders to achieve sustained peace, stability and prosperity on the Korean Peninsula with denuclearisation as the key step,” a ministry press release said.

Thailand also has “ardent hope that all parties concerned will exert their utmost efforts in attaining these significant goals for the benefits of the region and the world”, it added.

Prime Minister General Prayut Chan-o-cha said earlier that he welcomed the meeting as “a good sign to the world, if they can practise what they agreed”.

Both the US and North Korea have embassies in Bangkok. although Thailand has been pressed to limit its diplomatic and economic ties with the totalitarian country in recent years.

As a third party, Thailand has stressed it is neutral over the Korean peninsula issue. Yet, it has abided by the Asean consensus to “ensure peace and stability” over the region, including following the United Nations Security Council’s resolutions that denounce North Korea.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30347643

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-13

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

Points 1 and 2 are just words until actions back them up. 

Point 3, it is good that the USA backs up the statement made by the south and North Koreans. It would be better if the words verifiable, inspection teams and timetable were included. However, it is good to back up South Korea’s hard work, especially after stabbing them in the back over the joint military exercises. 

The missle tests tests stopped 7 months ago, due  to the collapse of the nuclear facility used by the North Korean regime. 

I would like to see success in this process, but don’t try to bs me and say that this meeting the North Koreans actions caused is in itself a success. 

It’s a step towards success. 

I think they blew up the test site to get the meeting going again and released the captives for the same reason.  So, yes you can say it was a success.  Plus it is a start towards meaningful negotiation and away from confrontation and that is a success in itself.

3 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

I think they blew up the test site to get the meeting going again and released the captives for the same reason.  So, yes you can say it was a success.  Plus it is a start towards meaningful negotiation and away from confrontation and that is a success in itself.

I think the North Koreans facility blew up because of their tests. I don’t believe they intended to do this. 

The meeting itself is not a success. 

if what was decided in the meeting does come about it will be a big win for both of them, removing all the prisons/gulags for north koreans etc would be a huge win in itself, this does have the ability to become a fantastic achievement but we will have to wait and see if it actually happens

9 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

I think the North Koreans facility blew up because of their tests. I don’t believe they intended to do this. 

The meeting itself is not a success. 

You may be a bit confused about this.

North Korea has carried out what it says is the demolition of its nuclear test site, setting off a series of explosions over several hours in the presence of foreign journalists.

Thursday's explosions at the nuclear test site deep in the mountains of the North's sparsely populated northeast were centred on three tunnels at the underground site and a number of buildings in the surrounding area.

The planned closing was previously announced by leader Kim Jong-un ahead of his planned summit with US President Donald Trump, which the US President has since cancelled.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/05/north-korea-blows-up-nuclear-testing-site.html

7 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

You may be a bit confused about this.

North Korea has carried out what it says is the demolition of its nuclear test site, setting off a series of explosions over several hours in the presence of foreign journalists.

Thursday's explosions at the nuclear test site deep in the mountains of the North's sparsely populated northeast were centred on three tunnels at the underground site and a number of buildings in the surrounding area.

The planned closing was previously announced by leader Kim Jong-un ahead of his planned summit with US President Donald Trump, which the US President has since cancelled.

https://www.newshub.co.nz/home/world/2018/05/north-korea-blows-up-nuclear-testing-site.html

I’m not confused. 

What the North Koreans said happened and what actually happened are not always the same thing. 

https://amp.theguardian.com/world/2018/apr/26/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-collapse-may-be-out-of-action-china

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/north-korea-nuclear-test-site-mantapsan-mountain-collapse-unusable-kim-jong-un/

Edited by Bluespunk

I hope for an end to the tension in the Korean peninsular, so far we have a lot of talk from two men known for changing their minds,  going back on their words or interpreting things differently.

Will there be a long term positive outcome of this talk fest, that  remains to be seen. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Bluespunk said:

Check your dates.  You are confused.  You are talking about a different explosion. 

3 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

Check your dates.  You are confused.  You are talking about a different explosion. 

No. I referred to a collapse that caused the end of testing in September 2017.

The timing coincides with the cessation of nuclear testing. 

I’ve been talking about this explosion all along. 

The reason for this, is that this explosion ended North Korea’s ability to carry out nuclear explosion tests. 

1 minute ago, Bluespunk said:

No. I referred to a collapse that caused the end of testing in September 2017.

The timing coincides with the cessation of nuclear testing. 

I’ve been talking about this explosion all along. 

The reason for this, is that this explosion ended North Korea’s ability to carry out nuclear explosion tests.

One blew up my mistake.  Nothing to do with the summit.  The latest explosion blew up on purpose to start the summit talks that Trump had cancelled. 

2 minutes ago, Rarebear said:

One blew up my mistake.  Nothing to do with the summit.  The latest explosion blew up on purpose to start the summit talks that Trump had cancelled. 

I don’t quite agree with the end of that comment, but my point was simply that the missile tests stopped because the nuclear facility collapsed. 

I’d like to see a successful end to the brutal tyranny of the current regime in North Korea and the danger their nuclear folly represents to the world. However this summit has not done that. 

Its a step in the right direction, but it’s got a long way to go before we reach success. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, webfact said:

“This epoch-making summit reflects the strong commitment of the two leaders to achieve sustained peace, stability and prosperity on the Korean Peninsula with denuclearisation as the key step,” a ministry press release said.

Who ever wrote this press release must spent a lot of time enjoying Punch-and-Judy shows.

Although the two leaders signed a four-item document, North Korea does not abandon its nuclear weapons program, but merely reaffirms its intention to work on denuclearizing the entire Korean peninsula. This is very vague and goes no further than earlier statements by Kim or his father and grandfather.

• Like 1