Dengue fever in Ubon province

downtown

Dear all

my missus think im being typically over - worried about this but next month we make our annual visit to the boonies in detudom. just wondering how wide spread dengue is this season and as long as we take the usual safety measures, am i worrying too much? not for myself but for my young daughter.  im intrigued how those who live full time in the sticks deal with this in terms of looking after young children during the rainy season?

As Joe says just take the usual precautions.  I have traveled the jungles in Central America and the Amazon and never caught it but finally got hit with a bad case of dengue 5 years ago in Jomtien Beach Thailand in a condo - go figure???

Sometimes there is a BIG discrepancy between the hazard rating figures and numbers the Tourism Thailand people report and the real numbers the hospitals treat.

On ‎6‎/‎15‎/‎2018 at 7:14 AM, ubonjoe said:

It is about the same as always. Just take the usual measures of caution needed.

I'd say there are a helluva lot more cases this year (out in the sticks - Udon province). But, I concur with the 2nd sentence above.

On 6/15/2018 at 9:53 AM, gerry1953 said:

As Joe says just take the usual precautions.  I have traveled the jungles in Central America and the Amazon and never caught it but finally got hit with a bad case of dengue 5 years ago in Jomtien Beach Thailand in a condo - go figure???

Sometimes there is a BIG discrepancy between the hazard rating figures and numbers the Tourism Thailand people report and the real numbers the hospitals treat.

i live in pattaya had it 2 times in 5 years.

Archived