Bun Heang mocks US, threatens its citizens in scathing open letter

geovalin

After being hit with sanctions from the US Department of Treasury, Cambodian General Hing Bun Heang said he would retaliate against any US national who does not respect his country’s sovereignty, has ambitions to invade Cambodia or incites “traitors” in the Kingdom to do so.

Bun Heang is the deputy commander-in-chief of the Royal Cambodian Armed Forces and commander of Prime Minister Hun Sen’s Bodyguard Unit (BGU). The US sanctions against him include denying a visa and freezing any assets he has there.

The US Treasury cited Bun Heang’s role as a commander of a “Cambodian unit that engaged in a series of human rights abuses” as among the reasons he was a target of sanctions.

read more https://www.phnompenhpost.com/national/bun-heang-mocks-us-threatens-its-citizens-scathing-open-letter?

phnom_penh_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Phenom Pen Post 15/06

2 hours ago, my friend I said:

I don't understand why they let any US citizens into the country after what they did here.

"engaged in a series of human rights abuses” The US military has been doing this non-stop all over the world.

Ah, you must be from one of those western countries that have no history. Glass houses and all.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, my friend I said:

I don't understand why they let any US citizens into the country after what they did here.

"engaged in a series of human rights abuses” The US military has been doing this non-stop all over the world.

there is no "they" in Cambodia, its an oligarchy thats received a lot of money and backing from the US and other western countries, until recently anyway.

Edited by phycokiller

6 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Ah, you must be from one of those western countries that have no history. Glass houses and all.

So you're saying the US didn't do anything bad to Cambodia? Sorry but what the US did in Cambodia during the 60s and 70s is shameful and is something that should be condemned in the strongest terms possible.

People still go on about WW2 and Germany all day long. Why is US involvement in Cambodia, which occurred for longer and happened more recently than the events of WW2 less significant in your eyes? Is it because you feel Cambodia is an "inferior" country? Says a lot about you and seems like a disgusting double standard.

6 hours ago, bkkgriz said:

Ignore him, he's probably a commie. Either that, or he has a very naive view of the world.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, jimster said:

So you're saying the US didn't do anything bad to Cambodia? Sorry but what the US did in Cambodia during the 60s and 70s is shameful and is something that should be condemned in the strongest terms possible.

People still go on about WW2 and Germany all day long. Why is US involvement in Cambodia, which occurred for longer and happened more recently than the events of WW2 less significant in your eyes? Is it because you feel Cambodia is an "inferior" country? Says a lot about you and seems like a disgusting double standard.

So the only abuses you can think of happened in the 60's and 70's? Perhaps you should try to update your findings.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, my friend I said:

I’m curious why your mom lets you use the computer unsupervised 

On 6/18/2018 at 10:57 AM, my friend I said:

The US pales in comparison to what Cambodians did to the fellow Cambodians. The US has a long way to go to catch-up to the Khmer Rouge.