The best place to visit Thailand?

MrPieElsa

18 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Nothing to do with humanity. Most Thais could careless about the bridge.

Who is interested in what Thais think about the bridge. The OP is posting on a majority farang forum asking other farangs what they think would be interesting. You have expressed your narrow minded view, thanks for that. However I would suggest that many, if not most farangs who are in anyway familiar with the plight of those who built the bridge, original or otherwise, Hellfire pass and associated structures, would find all WW11 related areas of interest. As I mentioned earlier, it's not just about the bridge.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, malt25 said:

Who is interested in what Thais think about the bridge. The OP is posting on a majority farang forum asking other farangs what they think would be interesting. You have expressed your narrow minded view, thanks for that. However I would suggest that many, if not most farangs who are in anyway familiar with the plight of those who built the bridge, original or otherwise, Hellfire pass and associated structures, would find all WW11 related areas of interest. As I mentioned earlier, it's not just about the bridge.

It's small and unimpressive. The caves and waterfalls out that way are better.

Thailand has dozens of great tropical islands and a simple bridge isn't anything compared the real attractions.

All over Thailand. Get an International Driving Permit, take a course in defensive driving, then come to Thailand in low season. Good hotels can be had for 500 baht a day, hire a car for 800 baht a day. Provided the OP is not distracted by the female delights, he can tour all of Thailand on 2000 baht a day.

1 hour ago, Justfine said:

It's small and unimpressive. The caves and waterfalls out that way are better.

Thailand has dozens of great tropical islands and a simple bridge isn't anything compared the real attractions.

You just don't get it.... & I guess you never will.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Justfine said:

Get what? I've been to proper war museums.

The tour company sure fooled you with the fake bridge.

As a matter of interest... are you from USA ?

• Confused 1

8 hours ago, Justfine said:

Rubbish. It's a tourist trap.

Why comment with no knowledge ? 

Read history about rail construction & the amount of people who died, (Including one of my relatives), the condition they where forced to wok in.

Then comment with a little knowledge. 

11 hours ago, IvanLaw said:

Why comment with no knowledge ? 

Read history about rail construction & the amount of people who died, (Including one of my relatives), the condition they where forced to wok in.

Then comment with a little knowledge. 

I've been to Hellfire Pass. That's the real section people died.

Why comment with little knowledge?

Yet you did

16 hours ago, Justfine said:

Get what? I've been to proper war museums.

The tour company sure fooled you with the fake bridge.

Care to offer your explanation as to why YOU think the bridge is fake ?

On 6/21/2018 at 7:01 AM, dotpoom said:

Why give price in $'s....everybody is not from America...anyway, do they not use Thai Baht in Thailand

Plus 3 other countries also use dollars with huge exchange rate differences.

43 minutes ago, Tacuisse said:

That new car smell includes chemicals such as formaldehyde, used in sound-deadening material and adhesives. Classed as a probable human carcinogen.

Not the new car smell I refer to.

On 6/22/2018 at 1:33 PM, Tacuisse said:

formaldehyde ... Classed as a probable human carcinogen.

Actually, now classed as a known human carcinogen.  

National Toxicology Program (June 2011). Report on Carcinogens, Twelfth Edition. Department of Health and Human Services, Public Health Service, National Toxicology Program. 

On 6/21/2018 at 8:01 AM, Justfine said:

Rubbish. It's a tourist trap.

Wow. If it is a tourist trap, it is the cheapest tourist trap in the world. And all day train ride for a couple of hundred baht? Your idea of what a tourist trap is just boggles my mind. And your denigration of the cemetery and the men that were killed by the forced labor is a great indicator of the quality of man you are.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Tacuisse said:

Your nostrils do double duty as a gas chromatograph?

Well, I am more concerned with the purity of a substance than separating the components, but I was referring to a mixture of totally different elements.

Go back to kenk24's post #20; he said, a new car showroom. Apparently, he was referring to a term I used to differentiate a young inexperienced woman from a more widely used one--the former still having that new car smell.