You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

Late renewing my retirement extension

Could use some advice please.

I should have renewed my retirement extension by the 14th June but thought it was due the 20th.

I will go to the office first thing on Monday 18th but what can I expect. Will they refuse to renew it or ask for a fine?

Thanks

59 minutes ago, somo said:

Thanks Ubon. I had visions of losing the original visa after extending it for the last 15 years or so and having to start from scratch.

As it’s only a few days late they’ll probably (almost certainly) still process the extension. But be aware that they don’t have to and could, although unlikely, insist you exit/re-enter with a new visa.

5 hours ago, elviajero said:

As it’s only a few days late they’ll probably (almost certainly) still process the extension. But be aware that they don’t have to and could, although unlikely, insist you exit/re-enter with a new visa.

Therefore I wouldn't insist on getting a receipt for the fine....

On 6/17/2018 at 12:56 PM, somo said:

Thanks Ubon. I had visions of losing the original visa after extending it for the last 15 years or so and having to start from scratch.

You were absolutely right. There wasn't even a discussion about it and even the girl who does all the photocopying said it was no problem before I even saw the officer. 2000 Baht with a receipt.

This was at the relatively new Chaiyaphum offices where they are really helpful

• Like 1