Buriram to Siem Reap

seancar29

Hello all,

my wife and I are going to be in Buriram in September for a few days visiting some of her family.

We would like to visit Anghor Wat after we leave. Is there a bus that goes from Buriram to Siem Reap?

Alternatively is it better to get a private taxi or is that not realistic?

I look forward to any replies, thanks in advance,

Sean

Hello all,

my wife and I are going to be in Buriram in September for a few days visiting some of her family.
We would like to visit Anghor Wat after we leave. Is there a bus that goes from Buriram to Siem Reap?
Alternatively is it better to get a private taxi or is that not realistic?

I look forward to any replies, thanks in advance,

Sean

I’m sure from Buriram you would easily get a taxi to Chon Chom border crossing. From there after sorting out your visa needs. You can then easily get a (Cambodian) taxi to Siam Reap. Great place and a must too trip!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you get a train or bus to Surin (about 50 Km's) there are regular minivans to Chong Chom from the bus station there. These vans also stop at Prasat and Kap Choeng (for immigration) so don't get off too early. I think you can also fly from Buriram to Siem Reap with Air Asia.

As Diligad said, there are taxis from the Cambodian side to Siem Reap but they tend to be 'share' taxis so I'm told.

Ta Prom, the Khmer temple reclaimed by the jungle, is outstandingly creepy...

Simon

If you get a train or bus to Surin (about 50 Km's) there are regular minivans to Chong Chom from the bus station there. These vans also stop at Prasat and Kap Choeng (for immigration) so don't get off too early. I think you can also fly from Buriram to Siem Reap with Air Asia.

As Diligad said, there are taxis from the Cambodian side to Siem Reap but they tend to be 'share' taxis so I'm told.

Ta Prom, the Khmer temple reclaimed by the jungle, is outstandingly creepy...

Simon

Sorry, I don’t know of any flights from Buriram(Satuk) airport to SR only those from BKK and have used the taxi’s from Chon Chom to SR But never had to share.

Anywherein Cambodia, you can take a "share taxi" by yourself. It just codtd more than if shared with others. You can also do a semi privaterental e.g. pay to have the whole front or back seat. Basically they have a price for the trip per car and pro rate by the number of seats (or what they consider to be the number of seats!). Any arrangement that yields the total fare for the car is fine by most drivers.

Sent from my SM-J701F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I think the Ammco bus is still running. Used it a year ago. Leaves around 09:00 and 17:00 in both directions. The web site is still active. The bus and the taxis leave from the no mans land area on the left as you enter, well the last time we were there. I think the taxis also run to Phnom Phenh and Battembang. Secure parking on the Thai side or a mini bus from Surin/Prasat to the border.

Good boutique hotels in the centre of Siem Reap, check Tripadvisor. The centre is where you will want to be. If you haven't been to Cambodia before everything is in US dollars and if going to visit Angor Wat make sure your dollars are reasonably new in terms of age and condition. They were really picky when we were there.

12 hours ago, DILLIGAD said:

Sorry, I don’t know of any flights from Buriram(Satuk) airport to SR only those from BKK and have used the taxi’s from Chon Chom to SR But never had to share.

Mea Culpa. I didn't check the website properly and misread the flight info as a stopover BKK en-route SR. D'Oh! 

Simon

4 hours ago, tso310 said:

If you haven't been to Cambodia before everything is in US dollars and if going to visit Angor Wat make sure your dollars are reasonably new in terms of age and condition. They were really picky when we were there.

Seconded. Tatty or torn bills or those with scribble on them will be refused by most vendors.

Simon

Archived