Northern Politicans Reported To Be Defying The Orders Of NSC

Jai Dee

4th Infantry Division Kampangpech province reports northern politicans defying orders of NSC

The Deputy Commanding General of the 4th Infantry Division said that politicians in the northern region are behaving in a manner contrary to the orders of the National Security Council.

The Deputy Commanding General of the 4th Infantry Division Col Pisetprathinan Saihasadee (พิเศษประตินันท์ สายหัสดี ), in charge of army operations in Kampangpech province reported in a security meeting of the province that the Region 3 Army has received reports of politicians in the northern region conducting a survey of children and elderly citizens. The politicians alledge that they have received funding from the government to distribute blankets and warm clothing to local residents and are conducting their campaign through local Disaster Prevention and Mitigation Offices.

Col Pisetprathinan said that the blanket donations also contained flyers with political messages concerning former Prime Minister Thaksin Shinawatra and the recent Bangkok and Nonthaburi bombings.

The deputy commanding general said the act contradicted orders by the National Security Council and that any government official aiding the politicals would be faced with scrutiny by national authorities.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 01 February 2007

4th Infantry Division Kampangpech province reports northern politicans defying orders of NSC

The deputy commanding general said the act contradicted orders by the National Security Council and that any government official aiding the politicals would be faced with scrutiny by national authorities.

Source: Thai National News Bureau Public Relations Department - 01 February 2007

A little worrying, a short step from there to "being assigned for re-education".

Let's hope cool heads prevail. :o

I got a free government blanket!! About three weeks ago!! I didn't ask for it...a truck piled high with blankets came by with some smiling people handing them out and asked us what color we wanted....my wife chose a fluorescent lime green with cavorting dolphin like creatures and small schools of some hard to identify fish on it...our niece who stays with us regularly just loves it!!!....But there weren't any flyers with political messages or anything like that at all....I think this news release is just some gov't propogander....aka BS.

Chownah

Edited by chownah