Time period between end of SETV and applying for METV

Quick run down:

I plan on getting an SETV this week for entry into Thailand on July 8 for a 45 day stay while my property is being auctioned. I plan on returning 2 weeks after my (hopeful) sale to move out. 

At this stage I’m thinking I will be back in Melbourne for 3 weeks. My plan is to then return to Thailand on an METV from the Royal Thai Consulate in Melbourne.

Would anyone know if there is a waiting period between SETV & METV applications and would you think that 3 weeks would be a suitable time to reapply or would I be better of just applying for an METV straight up.

Edited by MadMuhammad

What on earth would make you think there was a waiting interval??
I was interested in this question? I had a friend advising me to check the same with Joe as I am going back for 2 weeks to get another METV. I was pretty sure there was no waiting period but only from reading other posts on Thai Visa. It is not unreasonable to think that there might be some obscure rule setting a time frame. They already have the to me inexplicible law that you can only do 2 land crossing but as many air crossings as you like on a SETV. My friend, who has lived here for 14 years, and I both agreed it is best to be safe and check. Are you recommending travelling all that way just hoping for the best?

Sent from my SM-G900I using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Thanks 1