Thai man viciously murdered in Sydney is named

webfact

Thai man viciously murdered in Sydney is named

2PM.jpg

Pictures (2): Sanook

Australian police have named the Thai man found in Olympic Park in Sydney as 33 year old Wira "Mario" Petchmang.

His battered body was found in early June in a drainage ditch. He was tied up in plastic.

Friends have spoken of a nice, romantic guy and while police concede he had no criminal record they have not ruled out a drug connection.

Wira worked at Starbucks in the Central Business District and had earlier worked in a Thai restaurant. He had been in Australia ten years and was living in Hurstville, a suburb of the city.

2PM1.jpg

He was last seen on CCTV on May 25th at a gas station in South Hurstville along with a Hyundai Terracan with Victoria plates though it is not known if the vehicle was his.

Police want to know more about his movements between May 25th and June 6th, reported Sanook.

His mother and younger sister also live in New South Wales.

Friends described the victim as a nice guy who was romantic.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-06-22

2 hours ago, Happy enough said:

certainly did. not sure how or why romantic has to do with anything. bit strange

I thought the same, its mentioned twice in the OP,  maybe trying to infer gay or a lovers quarrel.

52 minutes ago, Peterw42 said:

I thought the same, its mentioned twice in the OP,  maybe trying to infer gay or a lovers quarrel.

Yes I think it is a strange reference to someone

Maybe overly romantic with someone else's squeeze? 

• Like 2

RIP . sad to read yes it happens worldwide ? he was thai living in Sydney Australia of course it will be in Thai newspapers etc,  + news in Australia 

Edited by Mad mick
error