Belgian gets life for drug smuggle

geovalin

The Phnom Penh Municipal Court sentenced a 34-year-old Belgian national on Friday, June 22, for transporting and trafficking drugs. Presiding Judge Meng Tony sentenced him to life imprisonment and $20,000 in fines.

David Noel Catry was arrested on Jan. 10 by officers from the Interior Ministry’s anti-drug police in collaboration with customs and the excise and immigration police based at Phnom Penh International Airport.

In court Mr Catry confessed that he had been offered $30,000 by a Brazilian named Tang Guise to transport more than a kilo of cocaine from Brazil to Cambodia, and give to an unidentified Nigerian man here.

source https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50504034/belgian-gets-life-for-drug-smuggle/

khmer_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Khmer Times 23/06

6 hours ago, Blue Muton said:

Maybe I have some kind of sixth sense but I always avoid becoming involved in business transactions that involve an unidentified Nigerian. Or drugs. Or carrying any packages across borders.

No Doubt! It must be your 6th sense :neus:

On 6/23/2018 at 2:15 PM, Blue Muton said:

I always avoid becoming involved in business transactions that involve an unidentified Nigerian.

I think you'll find that it's the police who have decided not to identify the Nigerian. But I can reveal that his name is Livingstone Chelacious David and he's the executive vice-secretary to the Angolan Minister of Finance. He'll be contacting you shortly Mr Esteemed Blue Muton. 

4 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

I think you'll find that it's the police who have decided not to identify the Nigerian. But I can reveal that his name is Livingstone Chelacious David and he's the executive vice-secretary to the Angolan Minister of Finance. He'll be contacting you shortly Mr Esteemed Blue Muton. 

Thanks for the heads up, it gives me a chance to have all of my bank details ready.