Woman killed, man seriously wounded in Nonthaburi hospital shooting

webfact

Woman killed, man seriously wounded in Nonthaburi hospital shooting

By Thai PBS

ff.jpg

FULE photo//Google earth

A man was seriously wounded after breaking into the hemodialysis centre of Phra Nang Klao Hospital in Nonthaburi’s Muang district, shooting to death a woman before turning the gun to shoot himself on Tuesday (June 26) morning, according to media reports.

Dr Direk Deesiri, deputy director of the hospital, said the incident occurred at about 9.30am when the man walked into the hospital and proceeded to the hemodialysis centre.

The man fired three shots at Sirikhwan Thonglek, 37, an administrative clerk at the the centre, killing her instantly. He then turned the gun to shot himself in the head.

Full story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/woman-killed-man-seriously-wounded-nonthaburi-hospital-shooting/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-06-26

Double killing at Nonthaburi hospital

By The Nation

A C-6 Corrections Department official shot his ex-wife to death inside a hospital in Nonthaburi before turning the gun on himself on Tuesday morning, police said.

Ratanathibet police station was alerted of the double killing at the kidney dialysis ward of Phra Nangklao Hospital at 9.30am.

Police said Sirikwan Thonglek, 26, a general staff member at the ward, had been shot three times – in her cheek, chest and abdomen – and died at the scene.

The gunman was identified as Kriangkrai Yuprai, 41, her ex-husband.

After Kriangkrai then shot himself in his right temple, hospital staff tried to save him in the emergency room, but he died later.

Police said Sirikwan had divorced Kriangkrai after he reportedly often beat her, out of jealousy.

Following the divorce, he had apparently made several unsuccessful attempts to patch things up with her.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30348656

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-06-26

33 minutes ago, webfact said:

After Kriangkrai then shot himself in his right temple, hospital staff tried to save him in the emergency room, but he died later. 

It's little recompense for the dead lady. But at least the killer is dead now too, and we won't have to hear his pathetic excuses of how he was disturbed, or his manhood was insulted, or he couldn't control his feelings, or all the similar excrement that usually comes from these guys. Or have a court 10 years from now with him out on bail all the intervening time ultimately give him some paltry sentence.

And this one, a government officer, nonetheless. I'm sure he was a great guy to be around in prison.

Edited by TallGuyJohninBKK
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yet another shining example of the oh-so-fragile Thai male ego.  If they are going to shoot themselves afterwards, why don't they do that first? 

Hoe can they shoot someone after they have shot themselves???

Here we go, a tragic incident and lets put it down to 'fragile thai' ego.

Fragile male ego's are the cause of hunderds of deaths every day around the world.

Are english, american, Australian men all proud owners of a fragile ego? Just check out deaths by males of their partners. Probably best not, your thinly veiled anti thai agenda will be shot to bits

Any excuse lets blame and bash all things thai.

Edited by Expatthailover
  • Like 2
  • Sad 2

13 hours ago, Expatthailover said:

Hoe can they shoot someone after they have shot themselves???

Here we go, a tragic incident and lets put it down to 'fragile thai' ego.

Fragile male ego's are the cause of hunderds of deaths every day around the world.

Are english, american, Australian men all proud owners of a fragile ego? Just check out deaths by males of their partners. Probably best not, your thinly veiled anti thai agenda will be shot to bits

Any excuse lets blame and bash all things thai.

I don't think anyone debates what you are saying.  I think they are just commenting on the frequency of it here.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Just1Voice said:

Yet another shining example of the oh-so-fragile Thai male ego.  If they are going to shoot themselves afterwards, why don't they do that first? 

"Thai male ego"?  Please name one country in the world where this exact same thing does not occur on a regular basis?

"Advanced" Western democracies included 

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

The U.S. for sure... yes, occasionally something similar there, but rare. And that's with 4-5 times the population of Thailand. Here, it's an almost weekly spectacle of something similar like this case. Fatal burning, shooting, stabbing, beating with hammer, strangling -- all because a woman broke up with the man.

Mass shootings, yes, the U.S. beats everyone to the bottom. But men killing women over breakups, not nearly the same extent as Thailand.

When it comes to per capita road deaths and man-woman breakup slayings, I'd wager Thailand is No. 1 or very close to it. (For road deaths, the world stats absolutely confirm that. But I'm not sure if there are formal world stats kept for the very specific crime at issue here).

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

The U.S. for sure... yes, occasionally something similar there, but rare. And that's with 4-5 times the population of Thailand. Here, it's an almost weekly spectacle of something similar like this case. Fatal burning, shooting, stabbing, beating with hammer, strangling -- all because a woman broke up with the man.

"According to the Violence Policy Center, which uses Bureau of Justice statistics in annual reports about female homicide victims, nearly three women are murdered every day in the U.S. by current or former romantic partners."

Rare?

Edited by dddave

18 minutes ago, dddave said:

"According to the Violence Policy Center, which uses Bureau of Justice statistics in annual reports about female homicide victims, nearly three women are murdered every day in the U.S. by current or former romantic partners."

Rare?

The problem with those stats -- as opposed to the current case -- is they appear to conflate/combine the stats on CURRENT partners with FORMER PARTNERS.

Absolutely, domestic violence and domestic violence killings are a problem in the U.S., but I was very clear in my prior post to specifically limit my comments to FORMER relations as opposed to current relationships. I don't see any breakout in the report you cited that narrows that down to just former relations in the wake of a breakup.

Yes, husbands and boyfriends kill their wives and GFs in the U.S.  But the rate at which former relations come back a month or months later and kill their former relation seems to me to be a much smaller proportion than the current relationship fatal domestic violence cases, at least in the U.S.  But I'm willing to be proven wrong about that, if the stats show otherwise.

Also of note in the stats you cited, which again combine current and former relationship slayings:

The Violence Policy Center has published When Men Murder Women annually for 20 years. During that period, nationwide the rate of women murdered by men in single victim/single offender incidents has dropped 29 percent — from 1.57 per 100,000 in 1996 to 1.12 per 100,000 in 2015.