Tax Stamps? Power of Attorney for TM 30/ C.R./ D.L.

PhuketSarah

Been reading  some  chatter  about tax stamp(s)   What are they for   and where to get, please ?

And  Power of Attorney. Is this a letter or a  specific  form  from landlord,  If so, where can it be gotten, please? 

And  will I need more than one of each   as I have to attempt the  TM 30   Address Registration 

AND  need to get a Certificate of Residence   Any ideas on  the validity period of this for renewal of Driver's License ?

Thanks in advance for any answers. 

No idea which purpose these stamps have, and i only saw some people here telling other people that they are needed, but never saw anybody saying that he personally had to get them.

In the end it depends on the provice, but i assume in most provinces you don't need them, from personal experience i can say that they are not needed in Udon Thani

A certificate of residence is usually valid for 30 days and if you have motorbike + car license then you usually need one for each

" Been reading  some  chatter  about tax stamp(s)   What are they for   and where to get, please ?"

I posted the same question some time ago.

I have been answered that they can be found at the tax offices, at many book shops, lawyers, etc.

22 hours ago, federicoP said:

" Been reading  some  chatter  about tax stamp(s)   What are they for   and where to get, please ?"

I posted the same question some time ago.

I have been answered that they can be found at the tax offices, at many book shops, lawyers, etc.

Book shops ?  What on earth do these stamps  do I'd like to know- or is it just another level of hassle hoop  to leap through? 

On ‎6‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 10:21 AM, PhuketSarah said:

Thank you, Can I ask please  if you have a landlord,   did this on your own or did  you  have a Thai  helping ?

Landlord its my Thai wife. She filled it out, signed it along with front and back of her ID card.

when i went to the ministry of foreign affairs (chang watthana) to have some documents legalized for my girlfriend, i wrote up a generic "authorization letter."

she signed and dated, and provided signed copy of her passport ID page.

that letter was accepted (3rd floor document check), but was required to get tax stamps for the authorization letter, then back in line.

stamps were available at the photocopy booth on the 2nd floor.  a couple photocopies and two stamps cost 18 baht. 

TAX STAMP.jpg

2 hours ago, ChouDoufu said:

when i went to the ministry of foreign affairs (chang watthana) to have some documents legalized for my girlfriend, i wrote up a generic "authorization letter."

she signed and dated, and provided signed copy of her passport ID page.

that letter was accepted (3rd floor document check), but was required to get tax stamps for the authorization letter, then back in line.

stamps were available at the photocopy booth on the 2nd floor.  a couple photocopies and two stamps cost 18 baht. 

imageproxy.php?img=&key=3bccf9db2954ff32

TAX STAMP.jpg

Thanks for this  reply - You mean in Bangkok?    

yes, this was at the MFA near immigration at chang watthana, bangkok.

this was just a simple letter identifying her (name, passport or id number, address, phone) authorizing me (name, passport number, address, phone) to submit her documents to the mfa for legalization, signed by both of us.

poa is required for legalization if submitting for another person.  may not be needed to submit the tm30...see comment #3 above.

On 7/1/2018 at 4:32 PM, PhuketSarah said:

I won't have  the landlord to  do this for me.  That's why I'm asking about PoA and tax stamps 

At Phuket Immigration, the stamps for the PoA are available from the drink stall inside the Phuket Immigration compound.

Archived