Visa and/or Extension

My Visa renewal is due July 3 2018. I just received my new passport. Not enough time between now and July 3 to

get appointment at US Consulate for income letter and back to Udoni Thani. Majority of money is in US bank and 

showing Thai bank account doesn’t have required funds. 

Please look at attached and advise vise if I can extend or if not go to Immigration and explain? 

Thanks 

81F9FE97-D047-40E9-A9A9-A81A32DC3D78.jpeg

You will have to apply for a new extension and will have to have the income affidavit from the embassy to do it.

I just checked and there are appointments available for Monday morning to get the affidavit.

Check here and make an appointment. https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/make_default.asp?pc=BNK&CSRFToken=B27926B301D646708701180D59786E5D

image.png.942e154f0d37d02beebfd95550459865.png

You could apply on July 3rd if you got it done. You could do it on the 4th and pay a 500 baht overstay fine.

Another option if married to a Thai or the parent of one you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

• Like 1

Book an appointment immediately.

Fly to Bangkok on Sunday afternoon, cheap hotel.

(early flights on Monday are not an option from Udon).

Back on Monday afternoon.

Immigration on Tuesday morning.

For next year use a wall calendar.

Income statement is valid for 6 months.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

Best option is get the 60 day extension at local Imm' 1900 baht. Gives you two months to get your ducks in row.

Wife has to go with you. Ask your local Imm' what papers required, it's not a lot and doesn't include showing cash.

20180629_120858.jpg

Edited by overherebc

On 6/29/2018 at 11:28 AM, ubonjoe said:

You will have to apply for a new extension and will have to have the income affidavit from the embassy to do it.

I just checked and there are appointments available for Monday morning to get the affidavit.

Check here and make an appointment. https://evisaforms.state.gov/acs/make_default.asp?pc=BNK&CSRFToken=B27926B301D646708701180D59786E5D

image.png.942e154f0d37d02beebfd95550459865.png

You could apply on July 3rd if you got it done. You could do it on the 4th and pay a 500 baht overstay fine.

Another option if married to a Thai or the parent of one you could apply for a 60 day extension to visit them.

Hello Ubonjoe,

I searched the forum under your post unfortunately internet is crawling tonight. Searched Udon Thani Immigration and Thavisa link to Visa after 3 hours decided best to ask you. Need a list of documents I will need. 

I have

-New and Old passport

- Letter  from Embassy to transfer stamps to New Passport. 

- Monday will have income affidavit rom consulate.

- Have the house book which wife and I and a few.... other live. 

- What else is needed.? 

- Income affidavit is 1 copy sufficientl? Consulate charges $50 USD each. 

You make our life’s so much easier and it’s appreciated.

Thanks

DJ

10 hours ago, DJ54 said:

New and Old passport

- Letter  from Embassy to transfer stamps to New Passport. 

- Monday will have income affidavit rom consulate.

- Have the house book which wife and I and a few.... other live. 

- What else is needed.? 

- Income affidavit is 1 copy sufficientl?

Copy of page 1 of the house book and the page your wife is shown on. Copy of her ID card. Both need to be signed by her.

This form: Transfer Stamps To A New Passport Copies of both passport photo pages. Copies of the pages in your old passport showing the visa that you used to enter the country you have been extending and the entry stamp from it. You most recent entry stamp. Your most recent extension stamp. TM6 departure card. Some offices will want a copy of every page of your old passport that has a stamp or visa for Thailand on it. After the stamps are transferred to your new passport you will need a copy of the transferred stamps to apply for the extension.

You will only need the original of the income affidavit (no copies needed).

Download, complete and print two sided this Fillable TM7 form.pdf .

• Like 1