Female US military rescuer says there are many challenges ahead in cave rescue

webfact

On 7/3/2018 at 9:03 AM, JAG said:

To avoid the inevitable clamour on TVF for that soldier to get a haircut?

Whilst female soldiers are commonly found in the west (LJs - lumpy jumpers as they were known) they are I suspect very much more of a novelty here.

You could be wrong.

49fc15e3d70c5ef26502ad73882e3917.jpg

• Like 2

She's been the PR face of the U.S. assistance there. I didn't mean to suggest she was literally an active rescuer. My point was only about referring to her as female. I thought that was OK because she's been on the media a lot and it helps people identify who they are talking about as I doubt many people have committed her name to memory. I know I haven't.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, JAG said:

Whilst female soldiers are commonly found in the west (LJs - lumpy jumpers as they were known) they are I suspect very much more of a novelty here.

Have you ever been to Thailand, other than seeing it on an atlas?

Just go to the Naresuan camp (if you can enter there-in) and count the LJ's there, you have mentioned.

(I am NOT an expert on Thiland as many here are, so this is the only example I can quote, which I think is suffice for your comment)

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

And what is your problem with that.

Well then let's start referring to the Governor of Chiang Rai as a rescuer, and the prime minister as he has been to the site too, and we could call all the cooks rescuers, and we might as well call all the journalists rescuers also. Or we could just refer to people as what they are, in this case a PR representative for the US military, rather than 'sexing up' the headline by referring to her as a 'female US military rescuer'. I prefer facts from journalists rather than whatever they think is going to create the most clicks on their website.

Edited by Fish Head Soup
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Fish Head Soup said:

Well then let's start referring to the Governor of Chiang Rai as a rescuer, and the prime minister as he has been to the site too, and we could call all the cooks rescuers, and we might as well call all the journalists rescuers also. Or we could just refer to people as what they are, in this case a PR representative for the US military, rather than 'sexing up' the headline by referring to her as a 'female US military rescuer'. I prefer facts from journalists rather than whatever they think is going to create the most clicks on their website.

Why not start by calling the Governer a co-ordinator and the guy in charge ON SITE which is what he was. He doesn't need to be down the hole where he would be of no use but simply because of the rank and connections he can cut through red tape if something is needed.

Some but not all the journalists were necessary and what did they do to help in the rescue? How many "facts" did you glean from the journalists on the site and where did they get the "facts" from? How about from ALL the PR advisors at the site.

YOU can refer to the people at the site in any way you wish. I have no problem with that.

Personally I believe they were all members of the support and rescue team doing the jobs that are good at. Without that support the boys might still be missing.

Is she handling all of English PR or just US?

My impression is that she speaks mostly for the U.S. military segment but she usually speaks in generalities and seems obsessed with always communicating that the Thais are always in charge of the entire international effort. Fair enough. It's in Thailand and there are sensitivities about such matters. I'm happy to see there are still American officials that are capable of being diplomatic.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

She likes a selfie for her facebook page, but to be fair from the state of their clothing it looks like they have been run ragged.

DhHPK4dUcAA4RC0.jpg

Could nearly be sisters.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Fish Head Soup said:

No it's actually from the Thai girls twitter feed. And yes this is what I do all day, I even get paid for it.

Good night.

just ignore Julie, nearly a troll, always the same inane question , "is that what you do all day" - such an intelligent question - never anything original.

Edited by Artisi

13 hours ago, SpokaneAl said:

Here is how CNN covered the same interview - 

“US Air Force officer on Thai cave rescue plan

US Air Force Public Affairs Officer Jessica Tait says rescue teams are trying to find the safest way to save 12 boys and their soccer coach as a number of elements make the rescue effort difficult . . . “

seeing as how you are so PC, did you criticise CNN for using Jessica, clearly a female name  and not Sgt Tait - also note CNN said 12 boys - shouldn't that be 12 youths, kids, children or is your PC selective?

Edited by Artisi

3 hours ago, ravip said:

On ‎7‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 9:03 AM, JAG said:

Have you ever been to Thailand, other than seeing it on an atlas?

Just go to the Naresuan camp (if you can enter there-in) and count the LJ's there, you have mentioned.

(I am NOT an expert on Thiland as many here are, so this is the only example I can quote, which I think is suffice for your comment)

I've lived here for five years actually.

Now pick your toys up and put them back in the pram!

1 hour ago, JAG said:

I've lived here for five years actually.

Now pick your toys up and put them back in the pram!

Oh really? You've been in a cave? How did you miss the LJ's? 

Waiting with the pram to pickup my toys.

31 minutes ago, ravip said:

Oh really? You've been in a cave? How did you miss the LJ's? 

Waiting with the pram to pickup my toys.

Your posts really don't make much sense - but rather give the impression that you are trying to pick a fight. I'm not interested, so goodbye. Try with someone else.