AFTER WASHING THE CAR, what kind of SPRAY easy to apply (not wax) can be used TO PROTECT / SHINE / etc...

gaff

hello,

Any idea of cheap spray to apply on the car after car wash ? An easy spray that I could carry with me and even ask the car wash staff to spray when drying the car ?

I want it cheap to use it almost daily.

Thanks to tell me what can be found in Thailand that is not an overpriced imported brand.

Do you know 3M car care products ? I just found this:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/3m-400-ml-3m-gloss-enhancer-quick-wax-i10458861-s13101333.html

Many cheap products from 3M, are they new ?

https://www.lazada.co.th/shop-automotive-exterior-vehicle-care/3m/?page=1&sort=priceasc

Edited by gaff

Sounds to me you are looking for a drying agent / protective spray. There isn't really a "cheap solution" for that. I use Gyeon Cure (980 THB / bottle), but it can last for at least 30 or 35 washes. 

Gyeon Cure is usually used on cars which have some sort of ceramic coating, but can also be used on a car without coating. Spray it on a wet car, wipe it off with a microfiber towel and then go over it again with another microfiber towel.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JoeW said:

Sounds to me you are looking for a drying agent / protective spray. There isn't really a "cheap solution" for that. I use Gyeon Cure (980 THB / bottle), but it can last for at least 30 or 35 washes. 

Gyeon Cure is usually used on cars which have some sort of ceramic coating, but can also be used on a car without coating. Spray it on a wet car, wipe it off with a microfiber towel and then go over it again with another microfiber towel.

Thank you I didn't know this product. But not sold on lazada it seems ? Where to buy ? thanks.

find a product similar to this

Image result for mr sheen  it is simply a furniture aerosol polish

you simply spray it on... and thats it!

you don't even really need to bother to spend the energy to buff anything...

it'll instantly bead water, and as is will last for a few months, until you do it again

even the most extremely hazed old paintwork will still bead water like new 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tifino said:

find a product similar to this

Image result for mr sheen  it is simply a furniture aerosol polish

you simply spray it on... and thats it!

you don't even really need to bother to spend the energy to buff anything...

it'll instantly bead water, and as is will last for a few months, until you do it again

even the most extremely hazed old paintwork will still bead water like new 

Are you joking ?

17 hours ago, gaff said:

Are you joking ?

ummm nuh! 

I first came up with this in 1989 with my first car (metal finish/Clearcoat)

I've repeated the using this stuff on my next car, which is 27 years old. the paintwork was great until about 2 months after getting the car back from getting some panels repaired (2015), when it turned out that they had buffed the entire car, which compromised the ClearCoat of the metallic finish. (the same as what happened with the 1st car in 1989)

Being the cheapskate I am ? I again refused to:

1, respray/ re-clearcoat the entire car, nor

2. Continue trying all the different CutPolishes available etc

and lateral thinking made me stumble on the 'MrSheen' in a repeat fit of experimental madness!!

but... it really did what I wanted (again), in that even though it did not actually 'restore' anything; it did the beading (water off a duck's back) thing

the clue to it's discovery (for the above scenario) were the old wives tales of using MrSheen on a dashboard

One Aerosol Can will do a station wagon, several times i.e one year of treatment

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, tifino said:

ummm nuh! 

I first came up with this in 1989 with my first car (metal finish/Clearcoat)

I've repeated the using this stuff on my next car, which is 27 years old. the paintwork was great until about 2 months after getting the car back from getting some panels repaired (2015), when it turned out that they had buffed the entire car, which compromised the ClearCoat of the metallic finish. (the same as what happened with the 1st car in 1989)

Being the cheapskate I am ? I again refused to:

1, respray/ re-clearcoat the entire car, nor

2. Continue trying all the different CutPolishes available etc

and lateral thinking made me stumble on the 'MrSheen' in a repeat fit of experimental madness!!

but... it really did what I wanted (again), in that even though it did not actually 'restore' anything; it did the beading (water off a duck's back) thing

the clue to it's discovery (for the above scenario) were the old wives tales of using MrSheen on a dashboard

One Aerosol Can will do a station wagon, several times i.e one year of treatment

Interesting experience. Where do you buy it ?

I would not try it on brand new Benz but later maybe.

i did get some equivalent product when I was in Malaysia, one from Amway,

but there's various equivalents; being generally silicone based furniture (wood) polishes.

Googling MrSheen gives adescriptions of it's make up i.e wikipedia links etc

The googled search will also reveal on forums, the various views regarding Pros'n'Cons too...

Th products has many laterally thought uses; in much the same respective way, much like how WD40 is another popular forum topic, as to how many 'other' uses an be thought up...

p.s. WD40, though, is very messy on paintwork, and also a scary fume creator if you use it under the bonnet carelessly, where there is a hot engine manifold

Edited by tifino
  • Like 1