10 year O-X what does this mean?

Quote for O-X benefits......

• Can work as a volunteer (in accordance with the list of volunteer work as stipulated by the Department of Employment).

• Foreigners who enter Thailand with other type of Visa/Visa Exemption may contact the immigration Bureau and Apply for Non-O-X visa.

•  

I was looking at the UK embassy text on the 10 year O-X visa today - I am still not sure what benefits (at all) it actually brings over the current "Non-O extension of stay based on retirement" model BUT the two statements above caught my eye. Can anyone offer an insights on ....

a) What the volunteer work accepted by the DE is - I always though you need a WP, in which case it would not be a benefit over other would it?

b) Anyone heard of in country (Thailand) conversion to the O-X visa, last I heard CW did not have any info/awareness about it.

Edited by MRToMRT

a. What is the DE?  I assume you mean the Department of Employment (DOE) of the Labor ministry.

I would assume they would be aware that you can do it with the non-ox visa.

b. As far as I know immigration still does not issue them. People have asked immigration and they seem to know nothing about it.

• Like 2