Fifth boy RESCUED from Tham Luang

2 minutes ago, Spidey said:

As I said, the leader of the rescue mission completely contradicted that rumour TODAY.

Who knows! I give up. I just heard a panel singing the praises of Dr Harris (?) and saying the complete opposite.

2 minutes ago, Sheryl said:

Depends on how weak is weak..and why weak.

Certainly someone in need of prompt medical care should come out first but if is just qualitative differences in fittness among seemingly healthy boys, due to either lack of food or confidence, then keeping the weaker longer may actually be wise as more time to feed them and build their confidence..

And the news the ones before are ok builds confidence.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The leader of the rescue mission made it quite clear in a press conference, earlier today, that it's their policy to bring out the fittest and most able first.

In emergency evacuations normal proceedure is to bring out the fittest first. There are two very good reasons for this:

1 Allows learning and fine tuning procedures with easiest ones.

2 Reduces probability of a disabled person blocking the egress points early on.

Another reason is that it is the fastest way to complete the evacuation.

Edited by fantom
  • Like 2

It could be that yesterday's press reports that the doctor in the cave chose to send them weakest first were incorrect.

It could also be that nobody happened to mention to the big boss that his plan got changed by the doctor in the cave.

Just now, overherebc said:

And the news the ones before are ok builds confidence.

But weather conditions favoured bringing out the weakest first. And do you truly believe the boys would have been told about a mishap? The weakest first theory makes total sense to me. Rain may well make the final rescues far more difficult. 

20.29 Brunei/Sgp time 19.29 thai;BBC still reporting 6th boy may have been taken out,unconfirmed report.I wonder what Dan Johnson is doing there as the BBC seems to give us poor quality news.Now as am typing They said BOYS now confirmed to have been taken out" ?

Waiting to hear that 13th person is now safely out.Mission Accomplished hopefully.

• Confused 1

1 minute ago, fantom said:

In emergency evacuations normal proceedure is to bring out the fittest first. There are two very good reasons for this:

1 Allows learning and fine tuning procedures with easiest ones.

2 Reduces probability of a disabled person blocking the egress points early on.

I suspect the chances that additional rain would result in rising water levels along the route would have factored into the decision as well. 

1 minute ago, Mickmouse1 said:

20.29 Brunei/Sgp time 19.29 thai;BBC still reporting 6th boy may have been taken out,unconfirmed report.I wonder what Dan Johnson is doing there as the BBC seems to give us poor quality news.Now as am typing They said BOYS now confirmed to have been taken out" ?

Waiting to hear that 13th person is now safely out.Mission Accomplished hopefully.

What are you going on about??? The 8th boy has been rescued, and the operations continues tomorrow.

Edited by Get Real
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, Get Real said:

Thanks for all the updates today. You have been a little hero to everybody that wants the real news, and not just listening to if the weak or strong are out first. All have to come out. That´s the important part of everything. Thanks again!

But she did weigh in with an opinion on that subject. Just saying but ....

Edited by Spock
emphasis
  • Sad 2

1 minute ago, Spock said:

But she did weigh in with an opinion on that subject. Just saying but ....

Do you see it stands Global Moderator under the handle? Let´s just say that gives her that right. Now you can go sleep happy, and hopefully not say so much more.

5 minutes ago, Mickmouse1 said:

I wont get my hopes too high, but how sure are you on this info?

1 minute ago, Spock said:

It could well be what you say and could as easily be the complete opposite. Until we are officially informed of the official strategy, we are all seemingly just pissing into the wind.

What I thought I said was that it could be either way. To that I'll add that they also don't have to be doing it strictly weakest or strongest first. They seem to be saving the coach for last, (kids before adult, I suppose) and he was one of the weakest.

• Thanks 1