Out of the frying pan into the fire: Motorbike teens in hospital after Sattahip accident

webfact

Out of the frying pan into the fire: Motorbike teens in hospital after Sattahip accident

4275649.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Two teenage girls on a motorbike are in hospital after their bike became entangled in roadside wires.

The rider of the bike tried to avoid a large pothole - but only succeeded in getting wires stuck in her wheels.

Both girls were thrown to the road. They were named as Chanaphat Kongsanan, 19, and Thanya Wongphaisan, 18.

Sanook reported that Chanaphat suffered road rash while her friend had arm and leg injuries. Both were rushed to hospital after the accident near the Ocean Marina U-Turn heading into Sattahip.

The area is a construction site on Sukhumvit Road for a bridge. The wire was used to enable night time lighting for the construction of a bridge.

Following driver and witness Natthapong Yimphrom said he saw it all and stopped to help the victims.

He said they had tried to avoid a hole and got entangled in the wires by the side of the road.

He added that as he approached the scene the wires were live and he told workers to turn off the supply.

Na Jomtien police have ordered the contractors to make improvements in the area.

Sanook adapted a Thai proverb in their headline from "out of the jaws of a tiger into a crocodile" to read "out of a pot hole into the wires".

The proverb is akin to "out of the frying pan and into the fire" in English.

Source: Sanook

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-10

3 hours ago, Sydebolle said:

In other countries you could sue the municipality for the costs and punitive damages ...... in other countries, that is! 

Totally agree; if more Municipalities were sued they might tighten up their health and safety procedures.  On any stretch of Sukhumvit there are always great stretches of the road without street lighting.  Add a few lightless motor bike riders and you can see Pattaya's contribution to the daily roadkill figures.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2018 at 8:49 AM, webfact said:

Na Jomtien police have ordered the contractors to make improvements in the area.

The 2 girls in the hospital..... Undoubtedly big Hospital bills ahead........ can anybody guess if the contractor will PAY THOSE BILLS for the girls???????     Much less do a more 'sanitary' job about taking care of the wires (My guess is 'no change at all)................. All you have to do to figure it out is consider WHERE this happened........ Jomtien..... Pattaya..... THAILAND................................

And since it occured in Thailand, You can pretty well guess also that the 'Contractor' is a 'Family Member' of somebody important (maybe brother-in-law of 'chief of police - That's how he got the Job)) so the RTP (police) won't do a thing to help those girls (only cover the <deleted> of the contractor).......................

It may seem that I am a 'Thai basher' (I'm NOT)................ and after 35 years of Thailand.......... I've seen a lot.........................

I DO LOVE Thailand......... factually................. But I LOVE the Thais like these girls...... (Poor and innocent in their actions).................

After 35 years of witnessing the Thai 'Cops' and 'Wealthy businessmen' abusing the 'Thai public'................

I can 'Honestly' say I love Thai's (I'm not a Thai Basher)............ But the Thais I love don't include their Government (military ) or the 'RICH' Thai's (HiSo's)(who could care less about the POOR Thais)............. And from my years knowing the 'Poor Thai's'............ It is the Thai Governments system's GOAL to keep them poor and uneducated so as to have a 'cheap labor pool' (house maids , chauffers, gardeners, etc.) for the 'Higher Class' (Including Gov't Officials such as Gen 'PM' Phayut and all his ARMY co-harts) and this Contractor in Jomtien as well..................

IMHO............... needless to say..............

2 hours ago, mikebell said:

Totally agree; if more Municipalities were sued they might tighten up their health and safety procedures.  On any stretch of Sukhumvit there are always great stretches of the road without street lighting.  Add a few lightless motor bike riders and you can see Pattaya's contribution to the daily roadkill figures.

In Thailand the 'Poor Thais' as these girls, learn to 'suffer silentlently' as most Thais know it is a waste of time to 'voice an opinion' or 'expect fair-play' with regard to any wrong doings by other 'superiors' (anybody with more money - as this contractor)...............

The 2 girls in the hospital..... Undoubtedly big Hospital bills ahead........ can anybody guess if the contractor will PAY THOSE BILLS for the girls???????

Some chicken essence and a photo op showing great concern...........

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

• Like 1

19 hours ago, oldrunner said:

Live wires on a road/turn around used by many, good safety procedures on contractors part but not surprising in Safety Centered Thailand.

Now you know why the derogatory term 'TIT'  (This Is Thailand)    was adopted by so many.............

When anything is as one would guess, in Bangladesh, Uganda, Nigeria................. (You might expect it normal in those countries) .......... But when it happens in Thailand we kinda expect it also but think that is something we might expect in those countries but 'here it is happening' right here in Thailand --- and it becomes a 'laughing matter'..........................

3 hours ago, mikebell said:

But wouldn't that be akin to and smack of a "nanny state"?