Six injured in 8-vehicle pileup in Pathum Thani

webfact

Six injured in 8-vehicle pileup in Pathum Thani

By The Nation

pt.jpg.629fede27b90a3dd535576505bd545e9.jpg

FILE photo//Google maps

Six people were injured when a 10-wheel truck lost control and hit vehicles stopped at a red light, resulting in an eight-vehicle pileup in Pathum Thani on Tuesday morning.

Police said the accident happened at 10:30am on the Rangsit-Nakhon Nayok road in Moo 4 village in Tambon Rangsit of Thanya Buri district.

The accident involved three Toyota cars, an Isuzu 10-wheel truck, a cement powder truck, a passenger van, a Honda CR-V SUV and a Honda car.

The 10-wheel truck driver, Somphet Phetprom, 48, said he was delivering sand to a construction site in Thanya Buri when his brake system malfunctioned as he reached the intersection, causing his truck to hit the vehicles in front and triggering a chain reaction.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30349738

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-07-10

4 minutes ago, webfact said:

Somphet Phetprom, 48, said he was delivering sand to a construction site in Thanya Buri when his brake system malfunctioned as he reached the intersection

Pathetic statement. Somphet; nobody will believe this , and you know it. The brakes just happened to "malfuction" when you reached the intersection? Of course they where ok before, or you would have stopped (with the handbrake?) to investigate your "brake problems".

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, webfact said:

when a 10-wheel truck lost control

No!!! This expression shows a misguided mindset.
It was the driver of the truck who lost control over his truck.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If the lights were red he should have started braking and slowing down way back so he could approach the lights without having to come to a complete stop, as he was loaded. Just another maniac on the road driving a lethal weapon.

• Like 2

In all my life I have never heard of so many brake failures, slippery roads or autonomous vehicles as the cause of accidents. Fatigue, distraction, speed, road conditions, other motorists, texting, lack of situational awareness: yes. 

Thailand hub of "devil-may-care" attitudes. 

14 hours ago, jaiyen said:

If the lights were red he should have started braking and slowing down way back so he could approach the lights without having to come to a complete stop, as he was loaded. Just another maniac on the road driving a lethal weapon.

What you are asking for is the nearly impossible to achieve. A Thai driver who can think and actually knows how to drive properly Beyond their capabilities I would say. He probably did not even have a license to drive that truck So what will the verdict be from the RTP ?Mr truck driver give wai to all drivers you hit and beg for forgiveness and we have to fine you 500 baht You ok because all car drivers have insurance. Oh, ones in the hospital you can go visit say sorry ok and you should be ok to start driving another truck tomorrow. Hope we are not too hard on you for driving like an idiot 

5 hours ago, InfinityandBeyond said:

In all my life I have never heard of so many brake failures, slippery roads or autonomous vehicles as the cause of accidents. Fatigue, distraction, speed, road conditions, other motorists, texting, lack of situational awareness: yes. 

Thailand hub of "devil-may-care" attitudes. 

They found all those excuses in the packet of cornflakes they have in the morning for breakfast the Same place where they got their license from?

14 hours ago, akirasan said:

Or wasn't watching the road, most likely. This is what scares me the most about the roads here, your safety relies heavily on what the maniacs around you are doing, and they're generally doing some pretty ridiculous maneuver. 

Some of the most common ridiculous maneuvers are 1 Texting 2 Drunk at wheel 3 Don't have a clue about the road rules 4 Braindead 5 Think amulets save their lives 6 Colour Blind 7 No patience 8 No respect for keystone cops 8 Cant read when they look at signs 9 Really have no idea how to get out of situation 10 Speeding 11 Tailgating 12 No Maintenance done on car or bikes, therefore, no lights  I better stop because I could write a book on this

• Like 1

15 hours ago, akirasan said:

Or wasn't watching the road, most likely. This is what scares me the most about the roads here, your safety relies heavily on what the maniacs around you are doing, and they're generally doing some pretty ridiculous maneuver. 

Probably on his effin phone....not concentrating on driving.....bang him up for a few years WITHOUT a phone....teach him a lesson 

• Like 1