Minivan driver crushed to death by his own vehicle in freak Pattaya parking lot accident

snoop1130

Minivan driver crushed to death by his own vehicle in freak Pattaya parking lot accident

36939228_2040028249648797_4192628473128288256_o.jpg

A Pattaya to Bangkok minivan driver was killed when he was crushed by his own vehicle in a South Pattaya shopping center car park.

The mini-van - that a co-driver said had had a problem with its gears - went over parking dividers and crushed Prasert Janechat to death by a roofing support. 

Witness Anuchit Jaroensap said he was riding his bicycle around the parking lot when someone informed him a man had been crushed. 

He rushed to the scene but the driver was already dead. He called the police.

When Pattaya policewoman Chanikarn Pheuanphinit and her investigative team arrived there was a big crowd at the scene. 

There was no CCTV in the area to help police determine what happened. They found the gear in neutral. 

Co-driver Somsak Songsuk, 30, arrived on the scene shortly thereafter and told investigators that the vehicle had gear problems. 

The body of the victim has been sent for autopsy.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/pattayanews13/posts/2040028272982128

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-7-12

3 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You seem to believe the "co-driver". It could be the case. It could also be that the van was driven in a sloppily dangerous manner leading to the collision with the stationary object and the co-driver was just in the habit of blaming a mechanical failure for all driver errors.

he was crushed by his own van ..or are you using the 'second shooter'' theory...interesting...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Justgrazing said:

beginning to look like the handbrake wasn't working and he didn't leave it in gear as a back up .. 

I was under the empresion the van was running at the time...and it jumped into a gear..pinning him

Edited by mok199
speliings

1 minute ago, mok199 said:

he was crushed by his own van ..or are you using the 'second shooter'' theory...interesting...

You have forgotten the "co-driver"! Who do you think came up with the BS excuse after "arriving on the scene shortly after"? The "co-driver" that's who!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Briggsy said:

You have forgotten the "co-driver"! Who do you think came up with the BS excuse after "arriving on the scene shortly after"? The "co-driver" that's who!

no..''who's on first ,whats on second '''...the poor van driver is dead and that's all I know...as far as a conspiracy theory ...I 'll leave that up to forensics...have a good evening sir

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Briggsy said:

You mad Bro... Your team lost? 

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

A manual tranny can't jump into gear without some 'help'.

I didn't see the type of transmission in the article,what I do know about these vans is ''in many,the shifter is mounted on the dashboard,not on the floor''.....

1 minute ago, mok199 said:

I didn't see the type of transmission in the article,what I do know about these vans is ''in many,the shifter is mounted on the dashboard,not on the floor''.....

Very many of the commercial vans use manual transmissions

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, mok199 said:

I guess the tired old.. ''brake failure'' is out of the question.

Brake failure is so last year ,  but no rain , no one coming along on the wrong side of the road , level ground .  Not much left but gearbox with a mind of its own.

32 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

This is my theory:

Driver entered the parking lot after a long drive. Suddenly felt that he must relieve himself very quickly, stopped the van and run to the pole/roof support to do his business. Unfortunately he didn't engage the handbrake and.....

Brilliant !!! ....and that's why he was near or leaning up against the pole...very clever sir..case closed...

Edited by mok199
speliings
  • Haha 1

I'm not saying what's obvious, but the guy is standing up partially inside the driver's door. Looks to me like he was outside the van as it rolled and tried to jump in or control it somehow but got crushed as it rolled into the support. RIP

Sent from my abacus using Tapatalk