data base for international freelancers

GeKoSc

I will need a user-friendly and robust database to register international freelancers and intend to buy such product in the market. 

Could you suggest an appropriate product which will allow also to copy and past searchable CVs and documents in most commen formats to the candidates file?  

It would be ideal if an electronic questionnaire will be send and to be filled in by the candidates which afterwards will placed in the candidates file.

I welcome all suggestions and comments. Please be aware I am only a simple user not an IT expert... 

I don't know a product but I know the new European data protection rules GDPR.

Be careful what you save and for how long.

Even if you are in Thailand you have to follow those rules if you save data about people with address in the EU or UK.

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

I don't know a product but I know the new European data protection rules GDPR.

Be careful what you save and for how long.

Even if you are in Thailand you have to follow those rules if you save data about people with address in the EU or UK.

The European Standard for data protection does matters only if working in the EU which is not my case...many of the recent EU rules are very questionable as they only reinforces the dictatorial structures of the EU...

12 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

The European Standard for data protection does matters only if working in the EU which is not my case...many of the recent EU rules are very questionable as they only reinforces the dictatorial structures of the EU...

That is wrong!

The laws apply within the EU and for anybody working with people and companies from the EU. Lots of companies in Thailand (and not only Thailand) have to make sure they work according to those rules and regulations. Otherwise their European business partners won't be able to work with them anymore (without risking huge fines themselves)

The idea about those rules is to protect the personal data of the people, which makes a lot of sense. Lots of people don't want that their personal data is shared with anybody who pays for it and they don't want that companies keep the data for no good reason forever.

The way you see it "dictatorial structures of the EU" I guess it's better if people stay away from you and your database.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2018 at 5:10 PM, OneMoreFarang said:

That is wrong!

The laws apply within the EU and for anybody working with people and companies from the EU. Lots of companies in Thailand (and not only Thailand) have to make sure they work according to those rules and regulations. Otherwise their European business partners won't be able to work with them anymore (without risking huge fines themselves)

The idea about those rules is to protect the personal data of the people, which makes a lot of sense. Lots of people don't want that their personal data is shared with anybody who pays for it and they don't want that companies keep the data for no good reason forever.

The way you see it "dictatorial structures of the EU" I guess it's better if people stay away from you and your database.

It is not on you to suggest whether our business partners are right or wrong doing business with us...nobody will take you serious with this attitude... 

Edited by GeKoSc

I would not want my CV to to appear on any database and risk personal details to be revealed to complete strangers.  

We have Linkedin for that , it works very well and you can track anyone and also block people. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, balo said:

I would not want my CV to to appear on any database and risk personal details to be revealed to complete strangers.  

We have Linkedin for that , it works very well and you can track anyone and also block people. 

If you do not have to add some positive advice so please be quiet.  

15 minutes ago, GeKoSc said:

If you do not have to add some positive advice so please be quiet.  

It seems you have a problem with people who take privacy seriously.

Many of us don't want that lots of personal data about us is saved and for anybody with good or bad intentions searchable.

It's good that the EU created GDPR which protects the privacy or their citizens. The law is not perfect, but it's pretty good.

If you think you don't have to care about this then please inform all the people that you don't care about privacy laws. Just tell them you will do whatever you want with their personal data. Let's look how many people will like that.

Or are you to shy to tell them? Are you concerned they will stay away from you? You should be!

• Like 1