New 18ins 2 in 1 Laptop.

NoshowJones

Recently I bought a new Lenovo 15ins 2 in 1 Laptop on the advice of TV posters on this forum, I am so pleased with it.

I now want to replace my Desk Top computer, again bought on the advice of TV posters about 5 years ago.

I want a new 2 in 1 laptop, main qualities are a good picture and sound, gaming and battery time is not important. 

I want at least an 18ins screen. Can anyone help?

16 minutes ago, JoePai said:

If you want to replace your desktop why buy another laptop - do as I do and just connect a large monitor to your present laptop when at home and disconnect when traveling

If you really want a laptop again, I would just buy a good monitor and a new keyboard and connect them to your laptop. That way you have a computer a screen like a desktop and a good keyboard.

I use my computer for work and gaming and I like the extra power a desktop has over a laptop (cheaper to buy a powerful desktop then a powerful laptop) But if you are not going to game or use heavy programs / apps there is no need for it. I would then just connect a laptop to a big screen and get a keyboard and mouse for it and your done. Maybe an external harddisk too.

3 hours ago, JoePai said:

If you want to replace your desktop why buy another laptop - do as I do and just connect a large monitor to your present laptop when at home and disconnect when traveling

No, it's nothing to do with that anymore, I use my Lenova 15ins when travelling. The Lenova has a great sound and picture, much better than my desk top, there are other reasons too.

2 hours ago, robblok said:

If you really want a laptop again, I would just buy a good monitor and a new keyboard and connect them to your laptop. That way you have a computer a screen like a desktop and a good keyboard.

I use my computer for work and gaming and I like the extra power a desktop has over a laptop (cheaper to buy a powerful desktop then a powerful laptop) But if you are not going to game or use heavy programs / apps there is no need for it. I would then just connect a laptop to a big screen and get a keyboard and mouse for it and your done. Maybe an external harddisk too.

I will keep that in mind Rob, I'm in no rush, I really would like to know if there is 18ins laptops in Thailand. I will take my time and decide what to do.

19 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I will keep that in mind Rob, I'm in no rush, I really would like to know if there is 18ins laptops in Thailand. I will take my time and decide what to do.

I checked invade IT .. but there they go up to 17 inch.

9 minutes ago, robblok said:

I checked invade IT .. but there they go up to 17 inch.

I have checked online and they do go up to 18 ins, though maybe not in Thailand. My way of thinking at the moment is just to do away with my desktop and use my present laptop in it's place, and just move it between my personal room, traveling on my motorbike road trips, and my bedroom.

4 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I have checked online and they do go up to 18 ins, though maybe not in Thailand. My way of thinking at the moment is just to do away with my desktop and use my present laptop in it's place, and just move it between my personal room, traveling on my motorbike road trips, and my bedroom.

That is a good idea, you could just keep your keyboard and connect it to the laptop (same goes for the mouse), maybe get an extra external harddisk. You wil have to get an usb hub then. Also many laptops can connect to monitors. Then you still got a big screen, good keyboard and mouse at your home while using a laptop.

34 minutes ago, robblok said:

That is a good idea, you could just keep your keyboard and connect it to the laptop (same goes for the mouse), maybe get an extra external harddisk. You wil have to get an usb hub then. Also many laptops can connect to monitors. Then you still got a big screen, good keyboard and mouse at your home while using a laptop.

I will think about that Rob, I have got two ext hard drives. When you say a usb hub, do you mean something that will connect maybe 4 usbs to the laptop? Every time I get one of these, they never seem to last, maybe I should buy an expensive one, instead of one for about 300 Bt.

3 minutes ago, possum1931 said:

I will think about that Rob, I have got two ext hard drives. When you say a usb hub, do you mean something that will connect maybe 4 usbs to the laptop? Every time I get one of these, they never seem to last, maybe I should buy an expensive one, instead of one for about 300 Bt.

If you already have an ext harddrive you dont need one, and yes you should buy a little bit more expensive one then 300 bt. 

• Like 1