Chatuchak Bus Station > Mochit BTS

MartinL

I’ve got to travel between Chatuchak bus station and Mochit BTS station this week. I’d like to take a leisurely walk and, looking at Google Earth, the journey across the park seems easy at 1.5 km or so as the crow flies.

Is it an easy walk in reality and is it possible to cross the roads outside the bus station without taking your life in your hands amongst the speeding traffic, e.g. are there any pedestrian crossings/bridges/underpasses? I’ve got a leg injury at the moment so, while a steady walk is OK, running & dodging traffic probably isn’t.

Thanks for your help.

Theres taxis inside but they don't like to go to the BTS I always cross the bridge on the front of the station to the other side of the road and flag a taxi down for 4o -45 baht to Morchit BTS or Kampaengphet MRT if you walk its about 20 - 30 minutes my advice flag down the taxi for 40 baht. G

Sent from my SM-P901 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Other options, motorsai about 50-60 baht quickest if no luggage and rain, also there's any number of buses going into various parts of town in the regular part of the bus terminal, many of them have chatuchak bts as the first stop.