My Dogs Ate My Thai Neighbors' Rabbits And Chickens

girlx

Can your dogs climb trees? If so can i borrow one..

The neighbour's ( my GFs aunt) chickens and cockerel have taken to roosting in a tree outside my bedroom window.

Any ideas how to move or gag the cock?

Just a thought......try hanging a rubber snake(s) in the tree.

the title says it all... they are street dogs that i was taking care of while sick. but i suppose that makes me responsible for them. what is the diplomatic protocol in thailand?

True solution:

Many ears ago my dog killed several neighbours' chickens and that was a sad story because the neighbours' kids loved the chickens as pets so much.

My vet said there was only one solution:

Tape the mouth of the dog and tie-up his legs; attach the dead chicken onto his neck and let it be for an hour or so.

Solution ?

My dog never ever attacked any chicken or other pet anymore; in fact we had a lot of chickens later in our garden, she walked right along and through the bunch of them but never did it again.

Maybe a bit harsh but it works.

LaoPo

the title says it all... they are street dogs that i was taking care of while sick. but i suppose that makes me responsible for them. what is the diplomatic protocol in thailand?

True solution:

Many ears ago my dog killed several neighbours' chickens and that was a sad story because the neighbours' kids loved the chickens as pets so much.

Tape the mouth of the dog and tie-up his legs; attach the dead chicken onto his neck and let it be for an hour or so.

Solution ?

My dog never ever attacked any chicken or other pet anymore; in fact we had a lot of chickens later in our garden, she walked right along and through the bunch of them but never did it again.

LaoPo

Wow, I'll do that next time. Cruel to be kind. It's only an hour and will save tempers and heartbreak later on. Thanks, LaoPo.

Wow, I'll do that next time. Cruel to be kind. It's only an hour and will save tempers and heartbreak later on. Thanks, LaoPo.

Yes, it's true.

I forgot to tell that the dog was quite big and black. It was a mix-breed from a Weimaraner and Dobermann so it wasn't a real suprise that she had 'killing' blood running.

Apart from the chicken-stuff she was the nicest and funniest dog ever; we took her on holidays to Spain as well and when I was 'around' in the bars, she used to follow the bar-route on her own, slept on the couches or chairs here and there and always found me whenever it was time was to go home...amazing dog !

Everyone just loved her (apart from the dead chickens of course :o )

LaoPo

Yes, it's true.

I forgot to tell that the dog was quite big and black. It was a mix-breed from a Weimaraner and Dobermann so it wasn't a real suprise that she had 'killing' blood running.

Apart from the chicken-stuff she was the nicest and funniest dog ever; we took her on holidays to Spain as well and when I was 'around' in the bars, she used to follow the bar-route on her own, slept on the couches or chairs here and there and always found me whenever it was time was to go home...amazing dog !

Everyone just loved her (apart from the dead chickens of course :D )

LaoPo

:o She sounds smarter and prettier than alot of people I know. Had two similar characters on Phangnan. One used to sit on the bar stool next to me. A smelly tourist came into the bar one night, called the owner (a former CGA in BKK) "boy" and then shouted at me for having my dog on the stool (a dog who got weekly baths, unlike this stinker). Oh oh, maybe we should be in the sentimental forum. :D

so girlx, what'd u do in the end???

i hate when people post and then dont tell u the outcome. i'm in suspense here.

sorry, my internet connection has been down for 2 days... i had my thai boyfriend talk to my neighbors and they were super cool. they didn't want any money or replacement pets (not sure where i would find them on koh phangan anyway), they just asked that i watch my dogs a bit better. they know my only real dog is a good girl as we have been living here almost 2 years and she hasn't had problems before, it's the street dogs that have been hanging around that are bad. i told them i would stop feeding those in hopes they would go away, but i hope that doesn't incite them to go eat more chickens and bunnies! bottom line is though, they know they are not my dogs, and the one who is the biggest problem actually has an owner down the street who simply neglects to take care of her, so they plan to go ask him to take responsibility (phew!). & i think they will fix their rabbit pen as well so the dogs can't get in any longer. i will see how it goes for a week and if no improvement i will take the street dogs to a temple on the other side of the island. i might also give my landlady (neighbor) a bit of extra money when i pay rent this month.

True solution:

Solution ?

LaoPo

So if I tie up my wife, tape her mouth shut, and attach myself to her neck for an hour will she stop yelling at me for driving too fast?

Sounds as though at least two of the dogs had a farewell hearty breakfast.

Street dogs have mainly had to fight for their food and survival and if you are going to be kind enough to take in these dogs then you must provide the proper facilities to control them. I guess their area needs to be fenced off from the neighbours.

You should pay recompense for the neighbours` eaten animals and eat much humble pie yourself and it may be prudent if you could foster out or kennel your own dog for a while until things cool off.

two ways:

one: skip town

two: offer 2,000 baht to the neighbors, that will buy plenty of chickens and rabbits. probably way more than they had before.

throw a bottle of whiskey in the mix and u should be fine.

yeah i don't know where they get them but my neighbors have about 20 in a little pen behind my house, they have dug a very complex underground system and are pretty cute. from what i can tell they are just pets! my neighbors love to cage animals.

• 4 weeks later...

A few points to consider. You state you were taking care of the dogs. And as they are street mutts and nobody have taken ownership of said dogs and with that I feel in a small way then you are some what responsible for them like it or not. Also since it was your new boy friend talking to the owners of your rental unit not you how do you know he did not say they were o.k with the deaths of their pets just so he felt you were saving face which would be a Thai thing to do(IMHO)

well i have no proof this actually happened, but i plan to take responsibility and pay for it. the problem is, these dogs won't go away... how can i get them to stay away from the animals? my neighbors will just poison them. i have to put two of them to sleep tomorrow anyway because they are so sick, but out of the three remaining one of them is my real dog whom i would not want to lose- i don't want to make problems where i live either. :o

edit: wow that article about the danish guy scares the crap out of me- there is a cock fighting farm right behind me. should i just drop all the dogs except mine at a temple somewhere? wouldn't they just find their way back?

Probably got bird flu.

Soundman.