Stat Dec for Retirement Extension

This might sound a silly question but knowing Thai Immigration I just want to confirm.

Last year I obtained a Statutory Declaration of income to support my retirement extension. This was obtained through the consulate section of the Australian Embassy when they visited Chiang Mai.

My extension is due 18th October and I will be in Australia and return CM on the 5th which is the date the consulate will be in CM and it maybe difficult for me to get to see them. I know they are the same but can I get a Stat Dec from Australia just before I return and use it for my extension? I mainly ask as it will be stamped and signed by an Australian JP and not the Australian Embassy.

Moved to here from the Phuket forum.

Immigration will only accept a statutory declaration done by the Australian embassy here.

You will have to make a trip to the embassy in Bangkok if you cannot do it at the outreach in CM. Be aware you will need an appointment to do it at the embassy.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Moved to here from the Phuket forum.

Immigration will only accept a statutory declaration done by the Australian embassy here.

You will have to make a trip to the embassy in Bangkok if you cannot do it at the outreach in CM. Be aware you will need an appointment to do it at the embassy.

Thanks for that ubonjoe. And sorry for putting in Phuket forum.