Non-B Penang and 1 Year Extension..HELP!

Hello All, 

I'm new here. I went to Penang yesterday to obtain a multiple entry non-b visa. Sadly they refused it because I'm an employee and not an owner/director of a company. Anyway, they gave me a single entry non-b and instructed me to get a 1 year extension at Phuket immmigration. I told my lawyer and he said he can sort it out for me at a fee of 25,000 baht. Just want to know whether or not this is normal or the going rate? Also, I'm wondering whether or not there's a cheaper option? Does anybody know if this company owner rule applies for all embassies? I'm going back to London and was thinking of doing it there in the future if the rules don't apply there. Any help would be much appreciated. Sorry for the 100 + questions.

If you are currently an employee with a work permit, and meet income thresholds, a one-year extension of your permission to stay with all the correct documents costs 1,900 baht. The use of an agent may be necessary if you cannot meet all of the requirements. I have no idea of the going rate for this in Phuket (25,000 would be high in Bangkok).

I paid 18,000 some years ago for this service in roughly same scenario so it seems about right - although still doesnt make much sense - at that point foreign embassies were still issuing one year non-imm B with right paperwork though and it was a lazy option presented by the accountants, leave with this paperwork and go Penang, or pay 18,000 and we'll sort it with local immigration, Penang would of worked out close to that if you avoided the mini buses from hell, and flew, and stayed somewhere that wasn't a hostel so it wasn't a hard sale. 

6 hours ago, WakeJunkieMellow said:

Ok thanks all for the reply, I'll pop down to immigration and make a few enquiries. 

Talk to your employer also. If they have employed foreign workers before, they should be aware of what is required.

9 hours ago, WakeJunkieMellow said:

Ok thanks all for the reply, I'll pop down to immigration and make a few enquiries. 

You could also look at this general list of requirements on the immigration website. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/service_1

Annex A mentioned in (2) for salary requirements is this from the police order for extensions.

image.png.54c4b44920503d3439c13294e9e00fd7.png