Starting young! Thai kid threatens to sue mum in viral video

webfact

Starting young! Thai kid threatens to sue mum in viral video

2PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A little Thai kid is showing that you are never too young to think about the Thai defamation laws.

And the five year old is being shown online in a viral video threatening to take her mum to the technology cops.

The video comes after the mother of "Kaemhorm" posted unflattering pictures of her five year old on Facebook while she was having her hair washed.

Kaemhorm - otherwise known as Sutheekarn Kaewjeu from Krabi - was furious that she had been depicted in this way on social media without her permission.

In a long video "rant" the kindergarten kid became an instant star - she was viewed 1.3 million times and shared 20,000 times - after complaining that she would go to the cops.

The complaints are spoken in southern Thai dialect.

Mum said her daughter is lovely really and great at school.

She was amazed at all the online fuss.

Thaivisa notes that Thailand has some of the strictest laws relating to defamation and the use of computers.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-18

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Are there laws in Thailand regarding legal parenting responsibilities up to a certain age? For example, in Canada parents are legally and financially responsible to take care of their kids till they reach 16, then you can kick them out if you wish.

I post unflattering pictures of my daughter on FB all the time. I show them to her after I've done it. She never complains because she's not a spoiled brat and has been taught how to behave.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, seajae said:

what a joke, a 5 year old losing face and threatening to go to the police. This is what you get with p*ss poor parenting letting kids do as they please and never pulling them into line, parents are the ones in charge not the kids but here you wouldnt think so when you see the way some of these kids behave. A 5 year  being online or even have their own mobile phone to access these pages is simply wrong especially without parent supervision but again its a thai thing,. Kid needs to be pulled into line, parents need to get their fingers out and act like parents, all this having to post pics of everything they do is really pathetic.

Why do you think it's a a Thai thing,? 

5 hours ago, rtco said:

I post unflattering pictures of my daughter on FB all the time. I show them to her after I've done it. She never complains because she's not a spoiled brat and has been taught how to behave.

I hope she appreciates your efforts when she graduates from university and wants to be taken seriously in the world when she's looking for a job.

This stuff is forever.