'HE NEEDS HIS MOUTH TAPED UP' Mum of hero British caver says Elon Musk should be ‘put up against a wall and shot’ for calling her son a ‘paedo’

rooster59

No -- because, in the UK, Unsworth probably could win but the problem there would be collecting. In the US Unsworth might also win in a jury trial because juries are unpredictable. I think he would have a hard time winning in the US but I never said that he wouldn't. Then again, still, in the US there might be a problem collecting on a judgment if all his assets save his house are registered in offshore havens.

So I guess one of things he is maybe discussing with attorneys in UK and US right now is that, even though they might win a case, collecting on the judgment might take years.

Edited by JLCrab

7 minutes ago, JLCrab said:

No -- because, in the UK, Unsworth probably could win but the problem there would be collecting. In the US Unsworth might also win in a jury trial because juries are unpredictable. I think he would have a hard time winning in the US but I never said that he wouldn't. Then again, still, in the US there might be a problem collecting on a judgment if all his assets save his house are registered in offshore havens.

So I guess one of things he is maybe discussing with attorneys in UK and US right now is that, even though they might win a case, collecting on the judgment might take years.

Fair enough. Just for perspective, like I said, Musk et al should be congratulated for his and his teams efforts in responding as they did, at the request of the rescue team. No argument from me there.

I also thought Unsworth's comments ungentleman-like and unnecessary.

But my view is that Musk's replies were totally disproportionate and libellous.

Watch this space eh?

• Like 1

OK I have no reason to support Musk. It's just that libel law in the US and California in particular is complex and when people on here say: "Hey! He called him a pedo -- sue him for millions!" it just ain't as simple as all that.

And while my current non-lawyer legal speciality at an NGO is intellecual property law, it was fun to do the reasarch on libel law as I did legal research on oil & gas exploration law 30+ years ago when you still had to be physically in a law library to do it.

Edited by JLCrab
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, grollies said:

Yeah, commissioned by Musk. Seals with Velcro apparently. Glad to see they managed to get a company logo on it. I believe it was dismissed as unsuitable, as was the capsule for that particular use.

First, that is not an elon company logo. Second, you know nothing about it but there you go bashing it saying it uses velcro trying to make it look bad instead of trying to understand its capabilities. When you take this approach, all people are going to see is a bitter, biased man.

The conditions in the cave were deteriorating. The method and day they decided to evacuate we can trust were the right decisions made by great minds. This however did not prove the sub was "unsuitable" as you put it. If things unfolded a little differently the sub might well have been used and the experts said as much. So please do not try to tell us you know more than the experts. You don't.

I totally agree the way elon bashed unsworth was disgraceful. But surely even you can see vern was a complete disgrace the way he provoked this. What would compel a man at a happy time of rejoice and relief in this episode to step up to a mic in front of millions on CNN and make such disparaging remarks? I've never seen anything like it before. This interview made vern look like a complete moron. Then the followup interview he threw even a few more slaps.

As for the rescuer coordinator remark, it could have been an english as a second language issue. It seems the coordinator may not have been aware the cave experts thought of the sub idea and believed it might well be used in the rescue depending on circumstances. Elon simply provided some disclosure about these facts. These were no insults.

10 hours ago, canopy said:

First, that is not an elon company logo. Second, you know nothing about it but there you go bashing it saying it uses velcro trying to make it look bad instead of trying to understand its capabilities. When you take this approach, all people are going to see is a bitter, biased man.

The conditions in the cave were deteriorating. The method and day they decided to evacuate we can trust were the right decisions made by great minds. This however did not prove the sub was "unsuitable" as you put it. If things unfolded a little differently the sub might well have been used and the experts said as much. So please do not try to tell us you know more than the experts. You don't.

I totally agree the way elon bashed unsworth was disgraceful. But surely even you can see vern was a complete disgrace the way he provoked this. What would compel a man at a happy time of rejoice and relief in this episode to step up to a mic in front of millions on CNN and make such disparaging remarks? I've never seen anything like it before. This interview made vern look like a complete moron. Then the followup interview he threw even a few more slaps.

As for the rescuer coordinator remark, it could have been an english as a second language issue. It seems the coordinator may not have been aware the cave experts thought of the sub idea and believed it might well be used in the rescue depending on circumstances. Elon simply provided some disclosure about these facts. These were no insults.

I know as much about it as you mate. Please note the ''WINGS Inflatables'' logo in the photos:

https://www.teslarati.com/elon-musk-thailand-cave-rescue-wing-inflatables/

• Like 1

Great link, confirms the orange sub was designed to be guided through the cave system’s trickiest sections. What a company this wings inflatables is to go from phone call to finished and tested product in hours because they cared about the kids more than their bottom line. And sorry I thought you were making up that bit about velcro--it is! Apologies.

Sounds like you are interested in logos on these subs. On the rigid sub there is a Thai flag and the name of the vessel (wild boar) named after the kids soccer team. The red logo at left appears to be their mascot. Nice touch the kids could bond with that. I haven't spotted a single logo having to do with tesla/elon/etc which is just a further blow to those who want to believe it was some sort of publicity stunt. In fact elon is not even in this important photo at all. It's ironic the people who tried to label it as a publicity stunt are the very people fueling so much information pouring out about these craft that otherwise might have been just a forgotten footnote no one knew about. So we can say thank you to vern and others for this interesting information coming to light.

lo.jpg.78accb844e9967771719fde755adcc1d.jpg

Edited by canopy

12 hours ago, canopy said:

Link is to Tesla website. Hardly independent. As full of B.S. as Musk himself.

The inflatable would have become rigid when filled with air, way too large and rigid to navigate some of the spaces it would have been required to. Never delivered to site. Another white elephant P.R. stunt. As was everything else from Musk.

3 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

It’s a time to be happy for a good result. Let’s concentrate on the positive.

Agreed. It sure would have been nice if vern thought like this before opening his mouth.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Link is to Tesla website. Hardly independent.

Here is an independent link just for you. You just added more positive publicity for elon, good work.

http://madriverunion.com/arcatas-wing-inflatables-spacex-collaborate-on-thailand-cave-rescue/

10 minutes ago, Spidey said:

The inflatable would have become rigid when filled with air, way too large and rigid to navigate some of the spaces it would have been required to.

Why don't you take your expert conclusion you drew from a photo and contact wings to tell them they were completely wrong on every single design point because you are mister know it all and have it all figured out better than the leading experts in the world.  I am guessing the response you will get would be: ROFL. Go ahead man, do it.

1 hour ago, canopy said:

I am guessing the response you will get would be: ROFL. 

Probably something along the lines of what Vern said, but you'd be ok with that. Double standards my friend.

1 hour ago, grollies said:

but you'd be ok with that. Double standards my friend

I have no double standard so do not try to put false words in my mouth. Let me do the talking. If you scroll up a tiny bit you will see a response to your post where I wrote "I totally agree the way elon bashed unsworth was disgraceful." Pretty sure that's a fair call. I am curious if you have a double standard. Would you characterize vern's words as disgraceful?

Edited by canopy
  • Haha 1