No Bluetooth on Android Smart TV.

somchaismith

2 hours ago, Crossy said:

Assuming the beast has a couple of USB ports this should help http://profandroid.com/network/bluetooth/connecting-via-usb.html

Thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately it doesn't work. The beast is OGP compatible, however, when a Bluetooth adapter is plugged into the USB, nothing happens. It's quite a limited TV as you can see by the attached shots.

IMG_20180722_203423.jpg

IMG_20180722_203358.jpg

IMG_20180722_203408.jpg

IMG_20180722_203353.jpg

Edited by somchaismith

1 hour ago, Rally123 said:

Thanks for the suggestion but as per the above post I'm afraid that if I forked out for that adaptor I may be left with a fancy paperweight.

Edited by somchaismith

14 hours ago, somchaismith said:

Thanks for the suggestion but as per the above post I'm afraid that if I forked out for that adaptor I may be left with a fancy paperweight.

Not really, if your TV does not have bluetooth installed/activated to transmit the sound then the proposed receiver/transmitter device would work.

• Plug bluetooth device into the 3.5mm audio socket of the TV
  • Set the bluetooth dongle device to transmit 
  • Put bluetooth transmit device and bluetooth receive speaker into pairing mode and connect/pair them.
  • Sound will come out of the speaker over bluetooth wireless.

I have a few of the various brands of bluetooth transmitters and they all work.

Edited by userabcd
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, somchaismith said:

Thanks for the recommendation but unfortunately it doesn't work. The beast is OGP compatible, however, when a Bluetooth adapter is plugged into the USB, nothing happens. It's quite a limited TV as you can see by the attached shots.

IMG_20180722_203423.jpg

IMG_20180722_203358.jpg

IMG_20180722_203408.jpg

IMG_20180722_203353.jpg

Plugging a USB bluetooth transmitter dongle into the USB socket of the TV will not work, especially on android 4.4. The TV manufacturer has probably not provided/activated the HID device sound in the software and probably not provided the bluetooth hardware inside the TV to send sound via an HID USB device.

Android is complicated like that (cannot just install external drivers) unlike windows where most drivers are included or can be found and installed from the manufacturers and everything just works.

19 hours ago, somchaismith said:

Any suggestions on any third-party apps and hardware to make Bluetooth available?

For hardware, just plug a decent Android box (2600-3000THB) in the HDMI. The Android box will haveAndroid 7 or 8 and all the connectivity and bluetooth you need. I did this with my so called TCL Smart TV which was fairly useless in the Smarts dept. 

1 hour ago, WorriedNoodle said:

For hardware, just plug a decent Android box (2600-3000THB) in the HDMI. The Android box will haveAndroid 7 or 8 and all the connectivity and bluetooth you need. I did this with my so called TCL Smart TV which was fairly useless in the Smarts dept. 

I have an Android box and also have a True Visions box connected to the TV by HDMI so it would be easier if the soundbar was paired directly to the TV.

4 hours ago, somchaismith said:

I have an Android box and also have a True Visions box connected to the TV by HDMI so it would be easier if the soundbar was paired directly to the TV.

Since you probably use either the Android or True visions box when watching TV, it would make no difference where the soundbar was paired with. In fact i think the result would be better when pair with the respective boxes, if both boxes have Bluetooth.

47 minutes ago, tomas557 said:

Since you probably use either the Android or True visions box when watching TV, it would make no difference where the soundbar was paired with. In fact i think the result would be better when pair with the respective boxes, if both boxes have Bluetooth.

The Android box is connectable by Bluetooth but the Truevision's box has no graphic interface and no obvious Bluetooth option though it is connectable by an optical audio cable.

While we're on the topic can you suggest an Android app which can receive Thai TV for the Android box?

4 minutes ago, somchaismith said:

The Android box is connectable by Bluetooth but the Truevision's box has no graphic interface and no obvious Bluetooth option though it is connectable by an optical audio cable.

While we're on the topic can you suggest an Android app which can receive Thai TV for the Android box?

Loox TV, available from Playstore