What honesty! Kuwaiti police cadet latest to praise honest cabby after 53,000 baht returned

webfact

What honesty! Kuwaiti police cadet latest to praise honest cabby after 53,000 baht returned

8pm.jpg

A Kuwaiti police cadet on holiday in Pattaya was the latest tourist to appreciate the honesty of Thai people - and especially their wonderful taxi drivers.

Mr Kwtalazmi Rashed, 19, had taken a cab from Suvarnabhumi to the resort but left his bag behind. So he went to Pattaya police where Pol Sub-Lt Nanthawut Baingam had good news.

Cabby Phaen Jitrabiab had already handed it in after finding it in the back when he was having a snooze.

The tourist could hardly believe it but such reports are a frequent event in the Land of Smiles.

Rashed praised the driver to the skies as he was reunited with his cash and documents.

Modest Phaen said everyone wants money but not like that. He added that he had been driving for years.

No mention was made of a reward in this report.

Source: Siamchon News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-24

• Haha 1

I wonder how much the Kuwaiti cadet was offered for making up that pathetic nonsense, every second day a taxi driver returns a Big wad of cash to another stupid tourist that left it in his taxi........... Utter BS.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sammieuk1 said:

Can't wait for the first person to have a dump in the back of a taxi to see if it to is also returned with such a fanfare.

Hmm, 'fanfare' isn't the word that springs to mind for me, although 'fare' does, proceeded by 'double'.

Look, if it is necessary to put honest people in the news, excluding something extraordinary, it is an indication of general dishonesty throughout society.  Just an observational conclusion.  I'm guessing something serious would happen to you, if you were caught stealing in Kuwait.  They used to cut off your hand.

Edited by Redline
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, colinneil said:

I wonder how much the Kuwaiti cadet was offered for making up that pathetic nonsense, every second day a taxi driver returns a Big wad of cash to another stupid tourist that left it in his taxi........... Utter BS.

Your life must be so sad

Cannot see any good in anything 

Edited by tryasimight
  • Confused 2

6 hours ago, Redline said:

Look, if it is necessary to put honest people in the news, excluding something extraordinary, it is an indication of general dishonesty throughout society.  Just an observational conclusion.  I'm guessing something serious would happen to you, if you were caught stealing in Kuwait.  They used to cut off your hand.

Apparently no stealing involved 

13 hours ago, webfact said:

The tourist could hardly believe it but such reports are a frequent event in the Land of Smiles

are we now back to the old slogan? 

land of smile 555

Meaby this taxi driver was a nice man turn the money in but he still a taxi mafia without turning the meter on this will never change because they have "friends " in the government and police 

Taxi meter is and will always be my last choice to use 

15 hours ago, tryasimight said:

Apparently no stealing involved 

I guess my point would be that there would be no issues about getting the money back in Kuwait, and that with many other drivers here, the money would not be returned.  In addition, the fact that this is news implies that it is an anomaly