Do I need to change of address on arrival ?

The Theory

If you wait until your 90 day report you absolutely will be finned, 1600 baht.

I would pop by and lodge a TM 30 as soon as you arrive at your new residence in Chiang Mai (not a hotel that is the hotel responsibility). Supposedly there is a 7 day grace period for "24 hr" reporting but I have never confirmed this myself. 

Once you get into the system in Promenada you only have to update your TM30 within 24hrs of arriving back in Chiang Mai, after a trip outside the Kingdom (confirmed). The TM30 desk calls this "update"

To be clear as this will surely be misinterpreted if you leave your CM residence and spend a weekend in BKK you do not have to update your TM30. If you spend a weekend in Singapore you do have to update.

25 minutes ago, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

If you wait until your 90 day report you absolutely will be finned, 1600 baht.

I would pop by and lodge a TM 30 as soon as you arrive at your new residence in Chiang Mai (not a hotel that is the hotel responsibility). Supposedly there is a 7 day grace period for "24 hr" reporting but I have never confirmed this myself. 

Once you get into the system in Promenada you only have to update your TM30 within 24hrs of arriving back in Chiang Mai, after a trip outside the Kingdom (confirmed).

My apartment management will do the TM-30.

Do I have to do TM-28 as well by myself at Immigration Office ?

I had to do TM-28 with 90 day report every time I moved to a new addresse in Bangkok.

Thanks

I don't know anything about TM28 I am with Thailand Elite.

My condo management started lodging the TM 30 for residents this year.

Really though I do not have any proof if management does it or not,  as no receipt or date stamp is provided, like they do at Promenada when you "update".

Nothing really to stop CM immigration from fleecing me again. Better to lodge TM30  ones' self probably.

8 hours ago, The Theory said:

My apartment management will do the TM-30.

Do I have to do TM-28 as well by myself at Immigration Office ?

I had to do TM-28 with 90 day report every time I moved to a new addresse in Bangkok.

Thanks

Ask the management to print out something relating to their TM30 filing for you and keep it with/in your passport (you want to retain some proof it was filed).

I personally don't know anybody who's even attempted to file a TM28 at CM Immigration and I believe almost all the reports posted here on TV have indicated that CM Immigration simply doesn't care about those (most reports indicate CM Immigration simply handed them back to the persons attempting to file them).  

9 hours ago, CMBob said:

Ask the management to print out something relating to their TM30 filing for you and keep it with/in your passport (you want to retain some proof it was filed).

I personally don't know anybody who's even attempted to file a TM28 at CM Immigration and I believe almost all the reports posted here on TV have indicated that CM Immigration simply doesn't care about those (most reports indicate CM Immigration simply handed them back to the persons attempting to file them).  

Before the TM30 office moved to the 2nd floor we filed both TM28 for our new address and a TM30 for the new tenants in our rented property at the same time. First desk on the left ground floor.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 1:33 AM, ProbPossConf said:

A TM.30 is required when you move to Chiang Mai.  Depending where you will reside, your own home or an apt/condo, either you or the landlord must file the form.

I think he's referring to TM28.

To the OP, you can try and do one, and strictly speaking it has to be done asap, however, when I went to do one the IO didn't know what it was and was really rude, so I didn't do it and never had a problem later.

15 hours ago, CMBob said:

I did and wished I hadn't. The IO didn't know what it was, and tried to make the hotel staff go to immigration. She was not only rude, but threatening, so I just took the form and left.

On ‎7‎/‎30‎/‎2018 at 4:28 PM, ChiangMaiLightning2143 said:

I don't know anything about TM28 I am with Thailand Elite.

My condo management started lodging the TM 30 for residents this year.

Really though I do not have any proof if management does it or not,  as no receipt or date stamp is provided, like they do at Promenada when you "update".

Nothing really to stop CM immigration from fleecing me again. Better to lodge TM30  ones' self probably.

The condo staff probably do it on line. Ask them for a print out as proof they did it. If they refuse, they may not have done it.

I went to file a TM 28 and a TM 30 earlier this year at the Airport Immigration office when I moved house. The IO updated the address on the TM 30 but then he looked at the TM 28 and didn't seem to know what it is. He just waved it off.  

Archived