Electricity charges for commercial premises

Hi apologies if this has been covered before, We have a hair beauty salon and are being charged 7bt a unit for our electric at the moment the local rate is 3.5 Bt a unit so 100% mark up for guy we pay every month is this still legal? Since the change in the law about overcharging for electricity, we don’t get to see the meters or bills for water and electric each month as landlord has them elsewhere in the building and we have to go on his figures each month , the building also has flats / condo above our salon that he manages we have asked him to drop the price we are being charged for the electricity but he just says “ not possible “ not surprisingly .

Many thanks if anyone can advise on this topic.

Sent from my iPhone using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Your landlord is probably not being charged the domestic rate for electricity and is probably paying the commercial rate which is higher. Trouble is, the commercial rate varies quite a lot according to how much you use so there is no simple way of calculating the price per unit in advance. Easy enough to calculate the average price per unit back from the bill though, so I would ask to see it.

In Pattaya, when you factor in the fixed costs and variable supplements/taxes, my domestic PEA bill comes to around 4.10B/unit. So I doubt that the domestic rate would be much less than that where you are.

• Like 1