Any tennis players in Buriram?

Dario

I have put the same question for Surin in the Sports forum, but nobody replied. I try my luck now in Buriram and have put the topic on purpose in the General topics section. So moderators, please take note. Thank you.

•  

Hi everyone,

we're living between Tha Tum and Rattanaburi in northern Surin province. I would like that my daughter Amy (9 years) learns to play tennis, She just got her first Wilson racket and Artengo tennis shoes. We saw that there are tennis courts in Buriram, so we're looking for someone who could teach her the basics. We could come to Buriram on weekends, although it's a 1½ hour drive and the same to return. Anyone out there? Would be great if we find someone! Amy is very eager to learn.

Maybe someone knows a Thai tennis teacher, it doesn't matter. Amy is fluent in Thai and English.

Amy_180524_0057s.jpg

You might visit in person "Book n Bed" restaurant in Buriram. The owner is an avid tennis player. He was educated in the United States and his English is excellent. He can give you suggestions or point you in the right direction. Best you meet him in person. They have a facebook page and you can message him. His wife also understands and speaks English.  Book' n Bed เปิดบริการทุกวัน
เช้า เปิด 8.00-15.00 น. เย็น 17.00-21.00 น 
ร้าน(044) 601671-3 มือถือ 091-4187999   His wife has a facebook page   Joopjoop Kiti

1 hour ago, kamalabob2 said:

You might visit in person "Book n Bed" restaurant in Buriram. The owner is an avid tennis player. He was educated in the United States and his English is excellent. He can give you suggestions or point you in the right direction. Best you meet him in person. They have a facebook page and you can message him. His wife also understands and speaks English.  Book' n Bed เปิดบริการทุกวัน
เช้า เปิด 8.00-15.00 น. เย็น 17.00-21.00 น 
ร้าน(044) 601671-3 มือถือ 091-4187999   His wife has a facebook page   Joopjoop Kiti

Thank you so much! We will go and try to meet him this coming Saturday.

• 7 months later...

Hi,

I am a Tennis Canada certified instructor (well, my certification expired but that is just their way of getting me to take a course every three years) with over ten years experience coaching in Canada, Japan, South Korea and China.  I will be in Buriram from late March, 2019 for a year.  

I'm injured at the moment (tore my rotator cuff playing ice hockey) but can probably start teaching in the summer.  Weekends are fine but either early morning or night when it's not too hot.  

As a player, I played semi-professionally in Europe, Japan and the US (made some money but not enough to live on) and NCAA university tennis in the US.  

Regards,

Nick

Hi Nick,

thanks for your offer. Well, we had a Thai coach in Buriram until mid January this year when we found a really excellent Thai coach in Surin City, which is much closer to our home than Buriram. Our daughter has only started last year in August, so she still has a long, long way to go. You can see her here on Youtube and here. Wish you muh success here in Thailand.

Kind regards

Dario

Archived