Navy SEAL releases clip of under-water atmosphere in Tham Luang cave

snoop1130

Navy SEAL releases clip of under-water atmosphere in Tham Luang cave

navyseal.jpg

The Thai Navy SEAL today released a video clip showing what its divers had to encounter while diving  from the so-called Chamber 3 of Tham Luang Khun Nam-Nang Non cave to Nern Nomsao, a ledge deep inside the cave where the 12 Wild Boars (Moo Pa) boys and their football coach had taken shelter while waiting for help.

The short video clip posted on its Facebook page  has a caption which reads:  “Under-water atmosphere from Chamber 3 of Tham Luang Khun Nam-Nang Non to Nern Nom Sao.  No description.  Just watch and imagine we were the divers there.”

Full Story: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/navy-seal-releases-clip-of-under-water-atmosphere-in-tham-luang-cave/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2018-7-30
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, sanemax said:

Why you click on the thread then ?

If you have no more interest in this story , then quietly walk on by

maybe needs some pretty good sort of tunnel vision, to not notice it going by...

4 hours ago, Destiny1990 said:

I kinda nolonger follow this..

why now they seek media attention?

They probably don't seek media attention.

It was released on their (Seal's) FB page, copied and spread by Thai PBS for extra click-bait for them, not the Seals.

I initially wondered what was going on with this video, then it dawned on my pea brain that these men were pulling their way in total darkness, then the lights showed just how bad it was. I am claustrophobic, my chest tightened up as soon as I realized where they were and what they were doing. No media attention, just the facts man, just the face.

It was an amazing rescue. As this video shows, visibility was almost zero underwater.

Which makes me wonder, apart from the rescue- why do some people enjoy exploring caves or cave diving?

I am afraid of heights and the thought of ascending Everest strikes me as insane, but I recognise the attraction of the staggering beauty of the landscape and views, the esprit de corps between the members of the climbing team, and the personal challenge - because it's there - that drives those who are driven on.

But what is the attraction of a dank and dark cave?

Okay, there may be some visual attractions, stalagmites and stalactites,  but these are paltry in comparison to the views on top of mountain peaks.

Why do these brave men and women cavers insist on going down to the bowels of Mother Earth rather than ascending to the glories of her jutting peaks and windswept brow?

• Like 1