Five loan-shark gangs busted in Krabi raids

snoop1130

Five loan-shark gangs busted in Krabi raids

By The Nation

Authorities have cracked down on five loan-shark gangs in Krabi province, seizing more than 100 motorcycles and 20 cars from their possession.

“We have acted in response to complaints that they have demanded an interest rate that is higher than what is allowed by laws,” Krabi’s police chief Pol Maj-General Boontawee Toraksa said on Monday. 

According to him, one of the gang is based in Krabi’s Muang district, two others in Khlong Thom, and the rest in Nua Khlong districts. 

“Altogether, we have already confiscated 118 motorcycles and 20 cars from this gang. We will investigate further,” he said. 

Police had received tip-offs that the gangs were offering loans for mortgaged vehicles but at a very high rate. 

Boontawee personally led a team raiding a house that reportedly held the office of a loan-shark gang in Khlong Thom district on Monday. 

They found 57 motorcycles there. 

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/detail/breakingnews/30351080

thenation_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright The Nation 2018-7-30

Have you ever tried to get a loan in Thailand? After over six months of jumping through hoops with the one Thai bank that even would allow her to apply for a startup business loan, guaranteed by my salary and her land (grossly undervalued by the bank), my Thai wife has given up and will wait until the land is sold to fund the business.

No wonder people use loan sharks, unless you have lots of cash here no bank wants to lend you money!

4 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Have you ever tried to get a loan in Thailand? After over six months of jumping through hoops with the one Thai bank that even would allow her to apply for a startup business loan, guaranteed by my salary and her land (grossly undervalued by the bank), my Thai wife has given up and will wait until the land is sold to fund the business.

No wonder people use loan sharks, unless you have lots of cash here no bank wants to lend you money!

unless you're a teacher with no financial common sense. 

29 minutes ago, Classic Ray said:

Been there and done that. Thai banks are totally useless.

3 hours ago, from the home of CC said:

the lowest of the low, imo the same level as pimps.

Lowest of the low? When you hit rock bottom you still may not be on the ground.

How about the guys in brown who let this happen as long as they get their share?

Archived