She came to make merit - but went home barefoot

webfact

She came to make merit - but went home barefoot

5PM.jpg

Picture: Daily News

A Thai woman went on Facebook to ask for help in tracking down a yellow shirted woman who pinched her shoes from a rack at a Bangkok temple.

Suphakchaya Thongthap, 33, said on her Facebook page: "I came to make merit. They stole my shoes. Don't imagine that people are not watching you. The camera doesn't lie. Please share to get them".

A video from CCTV showed two long haired women in yellow shirts who looked to be together examining the show rack carefully. One then put on Suphakchaya's 2,000 baht shoes.

Her husband's and kid's remained in place.

But she had to go home barefoot after the visit to the temple in Phasi Charoen on Saturday.

Making merit at temples is the act of giving money or alms to the monkhood. It is supposed to provide the merit maker with a good outcome rather than bad.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-07-31

Just an anecdote about Thai temples, many temples in the north of the country doesn't allow women/female to enter the sala, they charge money to enter the compound not telling you that you cannot enter the temple itself...

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, ezzra said:

many temples in the north of the country doesn't allow women/female to enter the sala

Tell me a single wat not allowing females entering the sala.
Women are not allowed to enter the Ubosot (special facility for ordination) as well as the Ho Pratrai Pidok (Sacred library).
Women are allowed to enter the Sala as well as the Wihan.
AFAIK everywhere in Thailand.

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

How do you know it was a farang?

There was a beat up pair of new balance shoes left behind, size us10.  I wear size us12.  Also, my friend noticed two farang leaving just as we were entering.

4 minutes ago, camble said:

There was a beat up pair of new balance shoes left behind, size us10.  I wear size us12.  Also, my friend noticed two farang leaving just as we were entering.

Ok, a lesson learned; visiting temples, use 20baht flip flops.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, webfact said:

Making merit at temples is the act of giving money or alms to the monkhood. It is supposed to provide the merit maker with a good outcome rather than bad.

On this occasion only bad turned up .. Love the " supposed "  get out clause ..