Power Supply For My Computer (where Can I Find It In Chiang Mai)

swain

Hello,

Looking for used/new power supply for my computer. 250 wat or anything really. My friend brought her computer and fried by plugging it in before switching to 220. She has limited funds now so best bang for the buck in Chiang Mai would be appreciated.

Thanks

Lots of places will have power supplies... but in my experience it is very hard to find quality brands for most computer accessories in Chiang Mai, unless you are prepared to wait for a shop to order stuff from Bangkok (which means you have to guarantee that you will buy it unseen).

Enermax PSUs have a good reputation. I am in the process of ordering a power supply and a new computer case online, from a store in Bangkok called busitek. The Gview case with inbuilt power supply (noname Chinese power supply: bad idea) I bought here in Chiang Mai has packed up.

Anyways, places to look for a power supply in Chiang Mai would be Computer Plaza and Icon Square which are situated next to each other on the Northern side of the moat square in between Chang Puak Market to the East and Central Kat Suan Kaew to the West.

Other options are the shops on the second, third and fourth floor of Pantip Plaza on Chang Khlan Rd. (The Southern end of the Night Bazaar near the Sri Donchai Rd. crossing).

Also, there is a large computer mall situated on the Super Highway, some hundred meters to the South of the Chang Phueak Rd/Superhighway crossing. It has a sign saying something like 'The North Largest Computer Store' on top of the building. These days most of the top floors are empty, but the ground floor has a few shops that will have power supplies in stock.

Hope that helps!

If cheap then go to Computer Plaza. Power supplies are real cheap, for under 500 baht. They're noisy.

If you're lookign for quality, or peace & quiet, I've seen higher-end power supplies at one of the shops in Chiang Mai Pantip. (Could have been Enermax.. not sure, but definitely an actual power supply / cooling brand.) Those are expensive though.

Cheers,

Chanchao

Hello,

Looking for used/new power supply for my computer. 250 wat or anything really. My friend brought her computer and fried by plugging it in before switching to 220. She has limited funds now so best bang for the buck in Chiang Mai would be appreciated.

Thanks

I did the same when I first moved to Thailand. The damage to my PC went well beyond the power supply. Good luck.