Overstayed S'porean Arrested With Ketamine

george

S'porean arrested with ketamine

BANGKOK: -- A Singaporean man has been arrested on charges of selling ketamine and overstaying his visa, police said yesterday.

Chia Kaseng, 43, was arrested at his rented house in Pathum Thani's Lam Luk Ka district at 1pm on Monday.

Police said they had earlier received tip-offs that Chia had been selling ketamine to nightclubbers in the Ratchada and Sukhumvit areas.

Police said they found 130 bottles of ketamine in his bedroom.

Chia admitted he had been selling the drug at the rate of Bt1,200 to Bt1,700 a bottle, police said, adding that the Singaporean said he had been living in Thailand without a visa for five years. Immigration Bureau commissioner Pol Lt Gen Charnwut Watcharapuk said Chia jumped bail last June while being tried for living in the kingdom without a visa.

Charnwut added that Chia broke both of his legs a month ago when he jumped from the second floor of a building after a friend joked that police had arrived. He was high on ketamine at the time, police said.

--The Nation 2004-05-19

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pity it wasn't a tenth story window in last months incident !! :o

But it does beg the more important question - where is he getting his supply from? - certainly is not Singapore - thats if he has been back there in the last 5 years.

But it does beg the more important question - where is he getting his supply from? - certainly is not Singapore - thats if he has been back there in the last 5 years.

The drug is a tranquilizer used in dentistry and by veterinarians, so he might have obtained it through those channels. I once saw a bottle of the stuff in Thailand- it was manufactured in Germany.

S'porean arrested with ketamine

BANGKOK: -- A Singaporean man has been arrested on charges of selling ketamine and overstaying his visa, police said yesterday.

Police said they found 130 bottles of ketamine in his bedroom.

Chia admitted he had been selling the drug at the rate of Bt1,200 to Bt1,700 a bottle, police said,

--The Nation 2004-05-19

Lethal Injection for all Naughty Singaporeans,

Thank You for Your Time. Thaimee. :o

Would be interesting to know which police division finally got him - Tessabaan or Immigration

Either way, the good news for the government is they CAPTURED a drug trafficker, as opposed to "shot while evading arrest".

Wonder which charge they'll view as the most serious - the 5 year overstay, or the drug trafficking ?

let`s face it. This is exactly the kind of people noone wants to be here. Neither the Thai authorities nor the "normal" Farang community. So let him have his share he deserves. No mercy from my side for this crank.

Vote for lethal injection?

I'm peeved with this Singaporean Hypocrite who sells Ketamine,

As much as i'm peeved with the human rights record in Singapore,

Singaporeans' likewise should be ashamed of this Ketamine dealer,

I say lethal injection...

Thaimee. (A Typical Hypocrite) :o

What surprised me the most is this dude was here for 5 years without a Visa. The authorities had no idea where he was staying at or hiding till he got involved in the drug business (other than his capture last year which was brief, so this Alcatraz pup became wanted like Al Capone). Pity him of his stupidity likewise, but overall, with both broken legs "ditto",:o no high rider to catch this time around, so now the authorities finally have this rabbit and will feed him with the snappin turtles. Good for his exercise. :D

One more troublemaker down and out how many more to go????

So quick to judge others without looking at yourselves first. Is/are drugs an epidemic in Thailand...Compared to the western world, where you guys haven't been in some time, the Drug scence in Thailand is a pittance. What is the real epidemic of this country is a sex trade that has gone unregulated and uncontrolled for so long. The spread of infectious diseases here is 10 fold that of the west. Not to mention the depressed state of women and equality, where tradework and craftsmanship falls to fake breasts and sex shows. So before you take that night on the town down at Patpong, realize that your contributing to the real demise of LOS.

:o

What is the real epidemic of this country is a sex trade that has gone unregulated and uncontrolled for so long.

So before you take that night on the town down at Patpong, realize that your contributing to the real demise of LOS.

Have you ever been in sexual conference with any Thai women? Never?

The sex industry is the real demise or part demise of the Kingdom, mmmm?

Thaimee. [Need Specifics] :D

I have been invoved with thai women before, but never was there an exchange of money. I find it morally questionable to pay for sevices rendered. As these girls move from their villages across the kingdom to sex trade centers like Pattaya, Phuket, Bkk, and now Chiang Mai, they lose their identity and the identity of this country unless you consider being cattle for the prodding, a worthy profession. Oh, And please pardon my butchery of your native tounge, but your snarkiness isn't appreciated.

Five years overstay = Bloody fool. That's asking for problems.

Drugs = I believe in "Body Sovernty", whatever you want to do with yourself, as long as it doesn't present a danger to anyone else, you should be able to do. That includes filling your body full of Ketamine, anabolic steroids or vitamins and minerals.

I know this won't be a popular opinion because many people are afraid to think for themselves and prefer to let the governments of the world control them. God forbid more countries should be like Denmark where the police are more concerned with you getting home safely than policing your morals.

I would agree with Dr. Bones 666 as long as I do not have to pay to house, clothe. :o feed, or rehabilitate the bum. Complete personable responsability is an absolute must for complete personal freedom. Who will take care of his family, if he has one, not Dr. Bones I'll bet.....J Burnett

Five years overstay = Bloody fool. That's asking for problems.

Drugs = I believe in "Body Sovernty", whatever you want to do with yourself, as long as it doesn't present a danger to anyone else, you should be able to do. That includes filling your body full of Ketamine, anabolic steroids or vitamins and minerals.

I know this won't be a popular opinion because many people are afraid to think for themselves and prefer to let the governments of the world control them. God forbid more countries should be like Denmark where the police are more concerned with you getting home safely than policing your morals.

Can't disagree with this argument, however this guy was selling it. Therefore he was presenting a danger to someone else and not only himself. I don't think "Body Sovereignty" is any kind of moral defence for drug dealing.

Five years overstay = Bloody fool.  That's asking for problems.

Drugs = I believe in "Body Sovernty", whatever you want to do with yourself, as long as it doesn't present a danger to anyone else, you should be able to do.  That includes filling your body full of Ketamine, anabolic steroids or vitamins and minerals. 

I know this won't be a popular opinion because many people are afraid to think for themselves and prefer to let the governments of the world control them.  God forbid more countries should be like Denmark where the police are more concerned with you getting home safely than policing your morals.

Can't disagree with this argument, however this guy was selling it. Therefore he was presenting a danger to someone else and not only himself. I don't think "Body Sovereignty" is any kind of moral defence for drug dealing.

Most of you guys drink Alcohol and smoke cigarettes, those 2 drugs are responsible for 97% of all drug related deaths....................

Stop being so morally upstanding, while you take your drugs of choice yourself.

Alcohol is a terrible drug, it causes so much misery all over the world it would certainly be a Class A drug if governments did not control and tax it.

Illegal drugs pale into insignifigance in comparison with what harm Alcohol and Cigarettes do for the Human population.

When you guys drink alcohol, is it because you are thirsty?

When you are coughing up a black mess in the mornings before you light up another cancer stick, is it because it is good for you, and those that have to breathe in the toxic cloud that you exhale?

Uhhh, the Chang tastes funny today, tastes like a rat pissed on it, better spill it down the sink...

Seriously, it is atrange how the trend in Thailand is opposite to many a Western country. Clamp down on any kind of 'drug' use, with a 'shoot 'em down' attitude, whereas in other countries cannabis is gradually becoming accepted.

I wasn't even aware Ketamine was available and that it is illegal. In many countries it is not, since the appeal of the 'horse tranquilizer' is somewhat limited for humans. It looks like I thought wrong..

Ketamine is very much available in Thailand. We can see an over abundance of Ketamine in pharmacies nearer the areas where backpacker's and ravers congregate. :o

Backpackers, raver's with worms in their hair, equals Ketamine abuse.

Unfortunately many innocents tasting the rave scene for the first time have died from being over exposed to freely available 'Over the Counter Drugs'.

Thaimee. :D

This Singaporean is very lucky to be caught in Los (with drugs),

If he is caught in Singapore or Malaysia......

and found guilty, the " Death Penalty " is mandatory.

Getting Permanent Residence in Hilton...... say 10 years or more

should be lucky for him, if he is found guilty.

So easy to judge others.

So easy to find pleasure in others misfortune.

"NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEViL!"

This is your world, is it not? When you look in the mirror how many faces do you see? Which one do you choose to wear this morning? Preaching morality in this forum while later getting ugly drunk at a strip bar... true? Never happens..?

Judging a poor soul for for selling ketamin to people that happily and woulenterly consumes it, when our own leaders are manufactoring and distrubuting viruses, bakteria, nerve gass, guns, tanks, mines that blow your legs off, mines that blow your balls off, mines that just kills you and bombs that burns every thing but the fillings in your teeth!

Next time you go to cambodia for your VISA run ask the beggers with no legs arms eyes or balls if they know what countries manufacutred the landmines that was the source of their missfortune...

Ask an Iraki Kurd if he knows who sold Sadam Hussain the poisinous gass that killed his family while he was out working on the fields...

Do not judge anyone! For our sind is the gratest: We close our eyes while we feast on the fake reality in which our goverments has enslaved us...

So easy to judge others.

So easy to find pleasure in others misfortune.

"NO SYMPATHY FOR THE DEViL!"

This is your world, is it not? When you look in the mirror how many faces do you see? Which one do you choose to wear this morning? Preaching morality in this forum while later getting ugly drunk at a strip bar... true? Never happens..?

Judging a poor soul for for selling ketamin to people that happily and woulenterly consumes it, when our own leaders are manufactoring and distrubuting viruses, bakteria, nerve gass, guns, tanks, mines that blow your legs off, mines that blow your balls off, mines that just kills you and bombs that burns every thing but the fillings in your teeth!

Next time you go to cambodia for your VISA run ask the beggers with no legs arms eyes or balls if they know what countries manufacutred the landmines that was the source of their missfortune...

Ask an Iraki Kurd if he knows who sold Sadam Hussain the poisinous gass that killed his family while he was out working on the fields...

Do not judge anyone! For our sind is the gratest: We close our eyes while we feast on the fake reality in which our goverments has enslaved us...

I am guessing the age of this quoted diviant is about 20, no one older would have such a naive view of the world....

I say 5 years no stay, put him in prison, then deport him

Drugs (what ever the name and it is illegal) for not playing by the rules, deport and make PNG

Bash

• 1 year later...

:o u lot!!! talk about going over the same stuff again and again... I'll give you my opinion...

if a person outstays his visa then he should be deported back to his country of origin and tried there, sentanced there.. because technically for immigrations sake you are property of the country you are registered resident in... I dont know what the guy from singapore would get just for outstaying his visa but it should be proportionate with the crime.. (no talking about the drugs yet) he didnt hurt anyone, not robbing anything etc etc... and who knows (without sounding left left left) what other factors were involved in his personal reasons for staying in thailand.

I live in england... and my country is tolerant e.g of people escaping various issues (sometimes too tolerant - just look at the nhs!) I have an old friend who is illegally in thailand as we speak... and his reason was he fell in love with a crystal meth addict ex prositute homeless person...... rules and regulations aside.. i feel this is a perfectly valid reason!! we are humans after all.. and we're also animals .. somethings are just innatley more important and bypass all institutionalisation / conditioning we have been subjected to. Yes this girl was on drugs etc.. .. to make her living hel_l a little bit better everyday.. etc I dont for one second believe that a person should be written off becasue they are forced to go down a route that goes against society. (death penalty??? Life 4 a Life is arguable but this is completley disproportionate) but i do agree with the guy earlier who said that its fine as long as he doesnt have to pay for rehabilitation... u could argue that its society which has directly pushed this thai girl to these acts and therefore society's debt.

now for the drug charges... some of the above can be applied too... (being forced to deal to make ends meat because some issue is stoppping you from returning..)

And as an ex drug addict and now university post graduate of psychology :D I feel i have a good grasp on this issue..

1) if you want to do drugs you will go looking for them

2) people look for them from dealers not the other way around (pushing is the most idiotic term)

3) with fewer dealers prices would sharply increase - leading to more crime against soc from those on the darker end of the spectrum (see point 5) and more variety of potentially fatal mixing ingredients from no competition

4) if drugs were legallised and controlled properly many fatalities would not occur

5) there is an emense difference between recreational usage and addiction... your talking about a massive distinction something like 85 vs 15%

6) In england its not illegal to keep liquid ketamine.. its when its prepared for recreational use that it becomes illegal.

This guy doesnt deserve lethal injection - the government ministers do! for allowing drug and sex trades to boost the eccomony of thailand, not being able to handle it and then blaming western influence. its such a shame that time and time again bad management from people with far too much influence and / or alterior motives ruins cultural / ecconomical and moral aspects of such beautiful communities.