Thai passport due to expire

Two questions:

1. Can we go on holiday to Thailand on 13th October if the wife's passport expired on the 10th? She wants to renew it there rather than have to go to London. As she's leaving the UK will she have a problem (more concerned about this than what'll happen at the Thailand end).

2. We're on the second 2.5yr stint with FLR visa and we're 1 year off applying for ILR. Is this affected if her passport expires, does she need a valid passport at all times? She has the new-style residency card rather than the old-style stamp in her passport.

Cheers, Garry.

I’m no expert but I can’t imagine how anyone could travel on an expired passport. Im sure for any International travel the answer is a categoric No.

There are some very knowledgable guys on here who can help you out with number 2.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

6 hours ago, Kadilo said:

I’m no expert but I can’t imagine how anyone could travel on an expired passport. Im sure for any International travel the answer is a categoric No.

There are some very knowledgable guys on here who can help you out with number 2.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect

I disagree so I am looking forward to the expert answer later ?.

IMO Mrs GaryUK can enter Thailand on an expired passport - the same as we can enter the UK on an expired passport.

You don’t need a passport to travel to your home country.

That said, I would still like to clear it with the appropriate airline.

Later.........

On second thoughts, Mrs GaryUK needs a valid passport to remain in the UK under the terms of her visa.....so renewing in the UK will be necessary.

It seems we've dropped lucky... just.

On checking again it appears her passport expires on the 14th rather than the 10th as first believed, so if we do indeed fly out on the 13th it'll still be valid when leaving the UK. I share everyone's belief that getting in to Thailand, even if it had expired, would be okay.

I will, however, pop the question to the Emirates desk and at passport control when leaving the UK to see where we would have stood, but while I may get an answer regarding this leg, I'm not sure what would happen when we reach Dubai for the next leg, or that they'd understand my question if I try to ask. I'll try to remember to to update the post at the end of October when we're back.

Thanks for the responses.

Archived