LIMESCALE in TOILET, how to remove old limescale when nothing has worked ? Hydrochloric acid ?

gaff

8 minutes ago, watcharacters said:

I recommend pouring vinegar in the tank and letting it sit as long as you can manage.

Then use a scotch pad to clean the areas you want.

If all else fails try muratic acid.   Someone must sell it.

Vinegar doesn't work for very old limescale, we just bought a condo that was unoccupied long term.

muratic acid is hydrochloric acid and i don't know where to buy it ?

https://www.thoughtco.com/what-is-muriatic-acid-608510

thanks.

Edited by gaff

Hydrochloric  acid widely available either for swimming pool or sandwash cleaning. 20lt approx 350 baht.

Cleans limescale immediately........use in ventilated area if possible and do not breath the fumes!

Toilet Duck I think the pink one has 20% acid....read the label as different colours have various acid amount.

Edited by poosmate
Spelling
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, poosmate said:

Hydrochloric  acid widely available either for swimming pool or sandwash cleaning. 20lt approx 350 baht.

Cleans limescale immediately........use in ventilated area if possible and do not breath the fumes!

Toilet Duck I think the pink one has 20% acid....read the label as different colours have various acid amount.

20% didn't work. I need pure. So I should visit a swimming pool shop ? Thanks.

Yes pool shop should stock it. Or builders merchant that supplies to sandwash....not pure but around 65%....It will work no scrubbing required! 

Soda fire is caustic soda ....good to unblock drains.....generates a lot of heat...not best for pvc pipe.

Edited by poosmate

2 hours ago, gaff said:

20% didn't work. I need pure. So I should visit a swimming pool shop ? Thanks.

If you are going to use neat hydrochloric acid be VERY VERY careful. PVC gloves, goggles and mask..... in fact don't use it neat indoors, the fumes will destroy your lungs, eyes, stainless bathroom fittings pretty quickly.

If you have to use it, ALWAYS add acid to water, NOT water to acid to dilute.

In fact, forget it........

Best solution, new bog, as above.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, poosmate said:

not pure but around 65%.

Hydrochloric acid exists in different strengths, with the strongest being 34.6%. The strength should be written on the bottle.

Pool shops have it and Thaiwatsadu also used to have it, but I think the 22% version.

I use wet sanding paper, as another poster suggested already and because HCI is nasty stuff, and it works a charm.

• Like 1

The secret to my sparkling clean toilet bowls is Oxalic acid in Bar Keeper's Friend.

Oxalic acid  removes hard water stain and brown ring in the toilet bowls. Use the powder every few months to remove the built up. Order from Amazon if you can find a seller who would do the shipping, or from Lazada. It can be expensive but a can could last a long time...and it actually works!

I use the toilet cleaning liquid in pink bottle from Big C with 13% HCL for routine cleaning.

Edited by Thailand J
  • Like 1

Try LCR available from homepro

while waiting to get that try throwing the contents of a couple of bottles of coke in after removing as much water as you can

Edited by harrry
  • Like 1

Use a Pumice stone with warm water and vinegar....it works but you'll have to physically scrub the limescale.

You can get a professional one or even one women use to scrub skin off their body......

image.jpeg.a71eecfb87ff0ce9c74d75021a7e7553.jpeg

Edited by flyingtlger
  • Like 1