Anyone have a pool recommendation for someone learning to swim?

Southeast outskirts of Bangkok on the Gulf coast, Samut Prakan.  South of BangNa - Bang Phlii -  Suvarnabum, :  Bang Pu Golf and Sports Club. Municipal 50 meter pool almost always empty during the day. A few swimmers and families on weekends and evenings. Swimming instructors on staff;  100 baht entrance, or 1000 per month. Don't know about instruction prices.  Fitness/weight room, badmitton, etc, restaurant at golf clubhouse.  7 am to 8pm.  You need a car and good directions, but it's possible to take BTS to Samrong statio and then a taxi from there.  

1 hour ago, InterestedSugoya said:

Thank You guys for your reply. I'll be in Chiang Mai for the first 3 months of my Thai travel, but I may be in BKK after that. I wouldn't mind checking out that place.

In Chiang Mai check out the 700 year sports club on the 121 ring road northwest of the city. They have a 50 meter pool and swim instructors.  But its quite populated at peak hours, you have to schedule your time to avoid the crowds in afternoon, evenings, weekends. 

Chiang Mai University has a pool, but I don't know the details of membership and availability of instructors. I used to swim at Mae Jo University also. 

There is a pool with instructors available at Chiang Mai Land community. Taxi / tuktuk drivers from Night Bazaar area will know 'Chiang Mai Land' - 'pai wai nam' means go swimming. 

Good luck, learn well, it's good exercise. And if the flooding keeps up you may need it. ?

• 3 weeks later...

Archived