Non-imm B Visa "transition Period"

I could use some advice.

I have a one-year multiple-entry Non-Immigrant B Visa which expires on 4 April 2007. I am currently schdeuled to return to Thailand on 2 April 2007, so expect to get stamped back in until 1 July 2007. Further I am scheduled to return to the U.S.A. on 27 June 2007 in order to apply for a new one-year multiple-entry Non-Immigrant B Visa.

All was well until I had to schedule a trip outside of Thailand for mid-May, departing May 17, returning May 22.

What are my options for covering my stay of 22 May until 27 June?

Can I get a re-entry stamp departing on 17 May to insure my visa validity until 1 July? Or do I forfeit that?

Should I get stamped in on a 30-day tourist visa exemption on 22 May (covers until 21 June)? Then what? Can those be extended for 6 days in country or would I have to make some sort of visa run? (I have not had a 30 day stamp in ~ 3 years.)

Sunbelt Asia So you are saying that yes, I can get a re-entry stamp when I depart BKK on 17 May, and that this will 'preserve' my 1 July 2007 visa deadline?

If so, when I return to BKK on 22 May how will Immigration know that I am valid until 1 July 2007?

Thanks.

Sunbelt Asia So you are saying that yes, I can get a re-entry stamp when I depart BKK on 17 May, and that this will 'preserve' my 1 July 2007 visa deadline?

yes

If so, when I return to BKK on 22 May how will Immigration know that I am valid until 1 July 2007

On your arrival card, you will put the reentry permit number on the question " visa #_________"

They will check this against the date on the reentry permit.

You get the reentry permit at the Airport Immigration Reentry ( before going to the Immigration Counter or at Immigration Office on Soi Suan Phlu. The government fee is 1,000 Baht.

If you use the Airport Immigration reentry office option, be sure to take two 5 x 6 cm photos.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com