Video: Lucky escape as light fitting drops on motorist on Bangkok bridge

webfact

Video: Lucky escape as light fitting drops on motorist on Bangkok bridge

2pm.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Dash cam footage on the Rama IV Bridge heading towards Chaiyapreuk showed a light fitting come crashing down as a car passed.

The incident caused considerable damage to the car but there was no injury to the occupants. They were just very shocked.

In the car was a woman and her nine year old son. The woman's husband - Siriphon Srikanchanaprert, 50 - said it was lucky that the 20 kilogram light had not come down a millisecond earlier and smashed into the windshield.

He said online that the authorities had not even bothered to contact them.

However, the highways department told Daily News Online on Sunday that they had spoken to the family and agreed compensation.

Workers were out checking all 56 poles and some 130 light fittings in the area, a job they said would be completed by Sunday.

They blamed a circular housing for the light coming loose.

Source: Daily News

tvn_logo.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2018-08-06

14 minutes ago, webfact said:

The highways department blamed a circular housing for the light coming loose

Anyone but themselves. The fault of an inanimate object, not the lack of maintenance of it.

Anyway, it's not uncommon - I see lighting strikes all the time.

2 minutes ago, rebo said:
3 hours ago, webfact said:

They blamed a circular housing for the light coming loose.

Exactly the same mindset as in the cases of vehicles losing control ...

Oh, I didn't realise brain cells were circular too?

1 hour ago, mike324 said:

Anyone noticed the 10+ people who are standing on the pick up truck at the 8sec mark. It would have been a disaster if the the car veered to the left and hit the pick up.

Yes I was thinking the same thing.. lucky they weren't in the outside lane & picked up the extra package !!

16 hours ago, mike324 said:

Anyone noticed the 10+ people who are standing on the pick up truck at the 8sec mark. It would have been a disaster if the the car veered to the left and hit the pick up.

Yes, I noticed that, they all seem to be wearing a striped company uniform too. 

Still, It is good to see the Police crackdown ( number 8,593 on the crackdown list ) on more than 6 in the back is working, Oh, and of those 6 please, no standing or sitting on the edge......for your own safety.....:whistling:

16 hours ago, mike324 said:

I do believe there was a LAW brought in about March last year outlawing people from riding in the back of pick-ups. But then "he who must be obeyed" in his "wisdom" relented so people could enjoy Songkran, Bet all hell would have broken loose if car had veered to left and caused serious accident resulting in deaths, Oh well this is Thailand

Archived