Dual Windows/Android box

JaiMaai

I really like my Android setup, except for the fact that I can't get HD Netflix. I've tried the Xiaomi Mi box but didn't like the lack of Ethernet or the fact that there is only a single USB. The Nvidia shield is over-specced and over-priced for my needs. This is my opinion but I will consider it as a final resort only because I HATE the Leanback launcher.

I believe that there are some dual Windows/Android boxes out there. Does anyone have any experience or recommendations?

Ease of use?

Responsiveness?

Time to change between OSs?

Sent from my TA-1021 using Tapatalk

I do not have such a device but my personal comments about such a device are:

Ease of use?

• Its either using Windows or Android, you boot into the OS system of your choice, pretty easy really.

Responsiveness?

• Depends on the hardware of the device, generally these devices are limited to 2GB ram and the processors used are usually the atom low powered type limited to 2 to 2.5 Ghz, so they will always be a little sluggish.

Time to change between OSs?

• I think they need to be booted into the OS system of your choice and the choice is presented to you at boot stage, booting in windows and android is approximately 15 to 45 secs however I may need to be corrected on this.
  • The android version installed on these devices tends to be an older version of android and will rarely if at all see an update after you have bought it.

Have you considered a more powerful dedicated mini windows PC and the use of android on it through an emulator such a bluestacks?

I haven't seen a dual windows/android box but I do have a dual windows 10/android 5.1 tablet.

I've had it for about a year and a half and personally I'm pleased with it and it's very easy to use in either mode. It takes about 15-30 seconds to boot from one system to the other.

Of course it's a bit slower than your all singing/dancing i core-7 devices  but it's fast enough. Mine has 4GB ram and 64GB rom which can be increased by a further 128GB with a micro SD card. If in windows mode I also use a separate USB stick to store my documents, music, etc instead of using the internal memory and micro SD card, leaving that for programs, etc.

I also bought a detachable keyboard which makes it a small laptop/notepad. the keyboard also has two USB plugs built in which I find very handy. 

https://www.gearbest.com/tablet-pcs/pp_592783.html?wid=1433363

Have you considered a more powerful dedicated mini windows PC and the use of android on it through an emulator such a bluestacks?

I have tried this option in the past but it was so slow to use android and the quality was so poor it wasn't an option for me.

https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_614502.html?wid=1433363

based on Windows 10,

Put Progdvbnet , on it you can use any iptv provider that uses xtream codes backend with ease, full catchup and PVR with 7 day EPG and series link.

put Terrarium TV  on as well and you have all bases covered

all a bit pricey just to have access to Netflix, 

Archived