You are not logged in ▶️ Click to sign-up or login ×
ASEANNOW Official TikTok account is now LIVE! -Follow Us! ×

I would like to open a shop on Shopify but run into several legal problems before I even started.....

To make it legal, I probably have to set up a Thai company with 4 Thai employees, few million baht registered capital etc etc

That is not going to work for a simple webshop....

Alternative I can setup using my wife as a proxy, maybe works in the beginning but I will later run into troubles I guess so not an option as well.

Setup a company in Singapore or Hong Kong is probably not working as well as I am not a resident of those countries.

Other options, open a 'Delaware company' or register your company in Estonia.

That is also not going to work for a simple webshop....

It looks like the only way to open a legal online store on Shopify is to go to the Chamber of Commerce in my own country to register my company there.

Then go to the bank to open a business account, then everything is in my name / company name.

Legally I need to follow now the rules for online webshops from my own country.

However, I receive the following answer from the Chamber of Commerce: 'You can register your company if you have a local visiting address.'

Now I'm back to where I was as I do not have a visiting address in my own country as I live in Thailand.

I am sure lots and lots of people run a webshop and are not based in their own country.

How can you legally run a Shopify shop from Thailand?

Can somebody push me in the right direction!

• 2 weeks later...

To make it legal in what respect? You don't need a business to sell on Shopify, anyone can. What are the problems you have faced so far?

If you mean legal in regards to you working while in Thailand, none of the options other than the 1st one would make that legal.

• 5 months later...

Archived