4 wild boars granted Thai citizenship: Official

snoop1130

If there are 486,000 odd people registered as stateless, and living permanently in Thailand, why not put in a big order for blank cards and some laminating machines and get stuck in. 

Think of the money you will save on not needing police checkpoints to give them grief every time they go on a bus journey, officialdom to tell them that they can't go to this hospital or go to that school and son. 

It would pay for itself in months. If they have the "gumption" to make a longterm life for themselves here despite the disadvantage of being stateless, they would be an asset to Thailand

Seriously though, the process and cost of granting them nationality would be less than the ongoing costs of registering and administering them in this "nationality limbo". 

Unless you are running a business which uses cheap labour... 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, surangw said:

will the have to pay taxes now ?

They wish they'll make that kind of money. Heck, wish I made that kind of money, 35% bracket sounds good. 555

Edited by IAMHERE

13 hours ago, Chris Lawrence said:

You will have to keep leaving notes to say you are lost. Take masks for bat poo and about 3 years supply of food. Other than that u might die; that would be sad. We will be reading about lunatic lost in cave leaving notes and was a Farang. Have you got Harvey Weinstein's direct line he may help with film rights, but he probably want you to die in cave. Just my abstract thoughts. 

We'll lend you a submarine.

1 hour ago, Juan B Tong said:

Why does the green tab with the white heart block me from using the trophy icon?

20180809_094527-2.jpg

Click on the space or the text immediately to the left.  So if you were trying to press "Thanks"  icon, then press the actual letters "thanks" and it should work. 

But this should be reported to the forum staff.  Edit:  done...

Well done. Congratulations to the coach as well as to the three young boys. Also congratulations to the autorities for doing the right thing. I really can't understand the cynical negative reactions of some readers.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, 4evermaat said:

Click on the space or the text immediately to the left.  So if you were trying to press "Thanks"  icon, then press the actual letters "thanks" and it should work. 

But this should be reported to the forum staff.  Edit:  done...

I mentioned this too in the new site feedback topic back in June, just bumped the post. 

On 8/8/2018 at 7:16 PM, kannot said:

note to self, go into cave and wait........ no more 90 day reports for me

Sorry. But I guess you are not stateless. If you are stateless Thailand has no country to deport you to so you would be stuck here anyway.

On 8/9/2018 at 1:25 PM, abrahamzvi said:

Well done. Congratulations to the coach as well as to the three young boys. Also congratulations to the autorities for doing the right thing. I really can't understand the cynical negative reactions of some readers.

Every civilized country has some sort of criteria that must be met in order to be granted citizenship.  Outside of a few countries where you can essentially buy your citizenship with several $100k USD, you must usually live as a resident for a specific amount of time, take one or more tests, know the national language, etc.

I'm glad they got their citizenship.  But I do think that the cave situation was manipulated for PR.

On 8/9/2018 at 12:54 PM, Jonmarleesco said:

An odd reason for granting citizenship. But then, TiT. 

Sums it up.

3 minutes ago, 4evermaat said:

Every civilized country has some sort of criteria that must be met in order to be granted citizenship.  Outside of a few countries where you can essentially buy your citizenship with several $100k USD, you must usually live as a resident for a specific amount of time, take one or more tests, know the national language, etc.

I'm glad they got their citizenship.  But I do think that the cave situation was manipulated for PR.

Sums it up.

Thailand does have a criteria for giving citizenship that needs to be met in order to gain citizenship .

You have to be born in Thailand .

Have no affiliation to any other Country 

Been to school in Thailand , read and write Thai

Never been out of Thailand .

These boys filled that criteria