UK voters should make final Brexit decision if talks with EU collapse: poll

webfact

1 hour ago, Grouse said:

What have your posts to do with wanting Germany to increase defense spening to at least 2% of GDP

I would prefer a peace dividend by kicking America and their Pershing missiles well away

But they must assist their great partners, the French. Non?

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Yes I missed your point. Silly of me. But the real point is that Germany is well able to afford their military commitment to NATO (as you show). To get their existing forces up to strength would use up a huge chunk of that 80B; all elements of their armed forces are far from fully operational, especially your favourite big cats. 

For defence against what? Who ever knows? Joint defence element for the EU, maybe?    

OK, fair enough. So that's year 1.

The thing is I don't WANT to encourage a Prussian military attitude again! Let sleeping dogs lie

We have nuclear weapons and a blue water fleet. If Germany wants to spend less on defence fine.

1 hour ago, mommysboy said:

It was a good programme. It's pretty much what Remainers have been asserting all along.  I don't know if the final poll is valid or not, but the others were quite illuminating, particularly about freedom of movement.

Good ol' Nigel. He doesn't stand for any f***ery! This show was comical. 

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, CanterbrigianBangkoker said:

Good ol' Nigel. He doesn't stand for any f***ery! This show was comical. It epitomises the intellect / lack of honour it requires to support a 2nd ref, and represents the pygmies who support it.

HM Ambassador to Trump.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Grouse said:

OK, fair enough. So that's year 1.

The thing is I don't WANT to encourage a Prussian military attitude again! Let sleeping dogs lie

We have nuclear weapons and a blue water fleet. If Germany wants to spend less on defence fine.

yes,

and soon you will be kicked out of Galileo, hence, no more access to accurate signals for guiding your nuclear toys

2 hours ago, Grouse said:

You can not blame our gross inequality on the EU. Look at the Gini coefficients. Moronic voters allowed our government to do this. Embarrassing.

Without the original post, my response (and therefore yours) loses context. The post I responded to was 50% about the government causing poverty and 50% criticising the cost of Brexit.

As this thread is about Brexit, my response mentioned the E.U.'s lack of prevention of the poverty aspect - if the intention wasn't to compare E.U. V Brexit, why did the poster even mention it? Obviously to infer that Brexit was to blame - complete nonsense.

My reference to Brexit costs versus Strasbourg costs was entirely relevant, provoked by the Remoaner's post.

But, yes, I agree that the Government are very embarrassing - one reason I've never voted for them!

3 hours ago, Grouse said:

You can not blame our gross inequality on the EU. Look at the Gini coefficients. Moronic voters allowed our government to do this. Embarrassing.

But you can blame the gravy chain of waste like moving the parliament that so bad for the environment and what other government would do that horrendous unaccountable morons

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, BwindiBoy said:

Without the original post, my response (and therefore yours) loses context. The post I responded to was 50% about the government causing poverty and 50% criticising the cost of Brexit.

As this thread is about Brexit, my response mentioned the E.U.'s lack of prevention of the poverty aspect - if the intention wasn't to compare E.U. V Brexit, why did the poster even mention it? Obviously to infer that Brexit was to blame - complete nonsense.

My reference to Brexit costs versus Strasbourg costs was entirely relevant, provoked by the Remoaner's post.

But, yes, I agree that the Government are very embarrassing - one reason I've never voted for them!

Poverty is often caused by the 'new people' we allow into our country who stay on benefits and do nothing to contribute.

Then there's people who have 6-10 kids but no income to bring them up.

There is no poverty in the UK if there was the ones choosing not to work wouldn't have 50 inch TVs, SKY TV, mobile phones and cars but the majority have at least most of the four.

If more people did more for themselves some if us that have to pay too much tax would be better off.

There is no genuine poverty in the U.K. There are poor people but no poverty.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

hardly,

stockpiling humus is non violent

these canterbury and patriot chaps promote violence, not needed

Who promotes violence?

Speaking for myself I will defend my country as we have before!

I am sure you would as well?

• Like 1

.... and why would there not  be?

The reverse also applies.

Yes, but the concern of the RHA is that under a no deal scenario or unless it is specifically written into a deal agreement then mutual recognition will cease on Certificates of Professional Competence which affect both transport companies in that a company’s transport manager must hold an International CPC to operate trucks on the continent (I hold one) and all drivers must hold individual ones which are different to the managers ones.

Yes it would cause chaos both ways without that recognition but that does not stop it from happening. The contingency is to operate transport hubs at either end of crossings to transfer to different drivers/trucks/separately registered business in EU/U.K. but will incur heavy costs and handling delays.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Haha 1

Yes it would cause chaos both ways without that recognition but that does not stop it from happening. The contingency is to operate transport hubs at either end of crossings to transfer to different drivers/trucks/separately registered business in EU/U.K. but will incur heavy costs and handling delays.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Seems like something the EU would be promoting.

10 hours ago, Patriot1066 said:

You need to understand things before you comment!

White collar boxing is a voluntary club where people in jobs where you might not be attracted come to fight it is quiet civilised.

https://www.ultrawhitecollarboxing.co.uk/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI3Yrp4_6_3gIVTbTtCh2XnwVBEAAYASAAEgL4LPD_BwE

There you go now you can comment knowing the facts 

Boxing for fun

Sure, because other boxing clubs are compulsory and the admin jobs these guys have makes punching each other quite civilized, makes perfect sense, thanks for your 'facts'.

28 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Seems like something the EU would be promoting.

No - just a reality of what happens when we choose to remove ourselves from EU controls and the EU directives that govern them.

A deal needs to be reached to resolve this and many other minor issues that effect many industries that have been intimately linked and entwined with the EU over several decades.

Gone are the days of solving these things on a nod, wink and firm handshake - one of the key (and valid) reasons for leaving the EU is the overbearing buearacracy and regulations since it is, in essence, a construct of law and rules rather than one of culture and history but that will not go away when we leave.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

hardly,

stockpiling humus is non violent

these canterbury and patriot chaps promote violence, not needed

If by 'canterbury' you mean me... I didn't do what you have accused me of.

Read my posts more carefully and you will see that.

Edited by CanterbrigianBangkoker

11 hours ago, billd766 said:

And how many people didn't even bother to vote at all.

If they were that interested they would have got off their arris to vote. 12,922,901 voters just couldn't be bothered so their votes were not counted.

Of the 33,551,983 people who could be bothered 17,410,742 voted to leave and 16,141,241 voted to remain. Now when I went to school the leave voters won the referendum. 

Now you can argue until the cows come home, but more people voted to leave than remain but it was the will of the people to leave.

It was the highest turnout of voters for years at 72.1%, far surpassing that of the past general elections going back many years.

Results

Votes%

Leave17,410,74251.89%

Remain16,141,24148.11%

Valid votes33,551,98399.92%

Invalid or blank votes25,3590.08%

Total votes33,577,342100.00%

Registered voters/turnout46,500,00172.21%

In any position type election people vote for a person out of a list of persons and the person with the most votes has won that position, all quite clear cut.

Referendums are different, whether people like it or not, different factors come into play. A national referendum, and there has only ever been 3, is nothing more than a government sponsored opinion poll, and we all know how reliable they can be, or do we?

DC has a lot to answer for in how the referendum bill was created and implemented. Yougov is conducting a poll on the rumor that DC would like to return to front line politics, I voted that he find another career.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1