Continental GP4000S

meechai

46 minutes ago, malathione said:

They do stock the 4 season as that's what I use and I've seen 4000S2's as well. I paid around 1700 baht or so last time I bought some, if I remember correctly. 

Thanks & yes sorry forgot the 2

GP4000SII

That price is not bad for the 4 season & about the same as here

Hopefully if needed the 4000SII will also be close in price

Thanks!

• Like 1

most decent bike shops will stock them & yes you shouldn't pay much more than 1700 THB. rit's bike shop up in ban na, nakorn nayok sells them for 1600 but shipping will probably make same price as everywhere else.

that said, i've given up on continental 4000, QC/QA seems spotty. i'e gotten a few that lasted past 7k km & a bunch more (>25%) that didn't make it to 1k km. i didn't notice at first but the ones that died prematurely all had sidewalls that split. from what i've read that seems to be a common issue with those tires these days.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2018 at 3:17 PM, coldfusionPaul said:

most decent bike shops will stock them & yes you shouldn't pay much more than 1700 THB. rit's bike shop up in ban na, nakorn nayok sells them for 1600 but shipping will probably make same price as everywhere else.

that said, i've given up on continental 4000, QC/QA seems spotty. i'e gotten a few that lasted past 7k km & a bunch more (>25%) that didn't make it to 1k km. i didn't notice at first but the ones that died prematurely all had sidewalls that split. from what i've read that seems to be a common issue with those tires these days.

I have also heard sidewall issue reports.

I have been lucky I guess but also my roads are quite good.

Last rear I changed had 5730miles/9221km on it. Front still going another 1000mi already

• 1 month later...
On 10/11/2018 at 6:38 AM, Ape1983 said:

GP4000II, are good choice in North Thailand in dry season, 4 seasons better in rainy season. If your in Chiang Mai prices 1700-1900. Arm cycles normally has the best prices.

Thanks!

I was not sure so I brought a spare new set with me.

I pay $72 a pair delivered in US

That is a pretty good Thai price tho given import duty & VAT