Supermarket Closing Down

ajnamoon

Just noticed  that the Ruamchok   supermarket (which  just opened an year ago )  in Meechok  plaza is closing August 25th  they have a clearance sale on all items reduced between 15 to 50%   check it out 50% off Aussie  beef        Tops supermarket    taking over   

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
14 hours ago, EricTh said:

I missed the big sale. I used to shop there but there weren't many customers, that's why they got bankrupt.

Tops supermarket would be great but they haven't moved in yet.

They never went bankrupt, they own the whole market,they thought they could

do it themselves,but lacking knowledge in running a supermarket,and getting

off to a very bad start,by opening before been ready,they will have realized its

better collecting rents from Tops,

Tops is due to open sometime in November,more choice and will give RimPing

more competition which will be good for customers.

I bought quite a lot of products (with long sell by dates), which i would have to

buy in the future, with discounts of 30-50 and finally 70%,better than money in the bank.

regards Worgeordie

4 hours ago, worgeordie said:

They never went bankrupt, they own the whole market,they thought they could

do it themselves,but

Where did  you get the info that they own the market?

Their prices are not as competitive as Rimping Ruamchok, I used to compare prices at both places.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, EricTh said:

I don't have any definitive info, but I would have guessed the owner of Ruamchok Supermarket was the same owner as the entire market area because they use the same branding everywhere, seemed pretty obvious. My wife tells me the owners of the market are the Koolapunt (housing estates) family.

15 hours ago, EricTh said:

Their prices are not as competitive as Rimping Ruamchok, I used to compare prices at both places.

My wife knows the Lady that owns and runs the whole market,

The prices were never as good as RimPing,but were better near the end 30-70% discount,!

they won't be missed,but Tops will be welcome,as they have some different products that

RimPing does not carry,and competition is good for the consumer.

regards worgeordie

11 hours ago, worgeordie said:

My wife knows the Lady that owns and runs the whole market,

The prices were never as good as RimPing,but were better near the end 30-70% discount,!

they won't be missed,but Tops will be welcome,as they have some different products that

RimPing does not carry,and competition is good for the consumer.

regards worgeordie

I would have preferred Big C because Big C prices are usually lower than Rimping next door.

34 minutes ago, EricTh said:

I would have preferred Big C because Big C prices are usually lower than Rimping next door.

Different range of products,and Big C is only 10 mins away,Tesco is the one

I rarely shop at,not as good as Big C,Tops or RimPing.,but buy the majority

of shopping at Makro.

regards worgeordie

TOPS is best for me: location, various foods, cost, etc.  I'm not much into imported foods and most of my fruits/veggies come from local markets and street vendors.  

Did notice yesterday that TOPS at KSK had local grown fresh dates on the pedicel.  Very delicious, long-keeping but rather expensive.  Surprised to find dates grown in CM province as i thought only arid regions supported date cultivation.

More here on dates, a very ancient human food:

https://www.feedipedia.org/node/688

16 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Different range of products,and Big C is only 10 mins away,Tesco is the one

I rarely shop at,not as good as Big C,Tops or RimPing.,but buy the majority

of shopping at Makro.

regards worgeordie

I find Makro is not really inexpensive on some products, contrary to popular belief.

I find Big C cheaper than Makro when Big C have some sale on some food products.

Makro hardly have sale and they don't give plastic bags.

Edited by EricTh

1 hour ago, EricTh said:

I find Makro is not really inexpensive on some products, contrary to popular belief.

I find Big C cheaper than Makro when Big C have some sale on some food products.

Makro hardly have sale and they don't give plastic bags.

Well if you shop at Big C hoping they might have a sale that's a bit hit or miss isn't it ?

There's a reason nearly all Mom and Pop shops,pubs,restaurants etc buy from Makro...price and they do have specials all the time.They even mail out catalogues of specials  to those that have the membership card .

No plastic bags? Consider that taking your own canvas bags is condusive to helping  the environment,its not difficult to make it a habit, and sets an example to  people in a country that is awash with plastic

We took our own bags as usual to Tesco,Hang Dong Monday and the check out supervisor grabbed her phone and took a couple of photos of us filling our own bags.So if plastic bags are withdrawn shortly blame us.

• Like 1

On 9/18/2018 at 4:37 PM, EricTh said:

They own Ruamchok Market, the Laguna 1-10 (or whatever) moobaans, condos in the old city, across from Rimping Meechok.......huge company.

On 9/18/2018 at 7:36 PM, clokwise said:

I don't have any definitive info, but I would have guessed the owner of Ruamchok Supermarket was the same owner as the entire market area because they use the same branding everywhere, seemed pretty obvious. My wife tells me the owners of the market are the Koolapunt (housing estates) family.

Laguna housing estates.